Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ! so as you may know I bought full kit Titan Swap From Nissteclifts and been working hard this on my truck removing old stuff and putting new stuff..
its almost done.. just need to fix some issues that I found along the way... found some nearly broke brake lines and broke one as it was so bad.. so now waiting for new brake lines to come in put them in and bleed the brakes and truck should be ready to take it for alignment
As always I did recorded a video but it will take me some time to edit it all , still trying to decide as to make one video or brake it in few parts as the majority of work was split into 3 days .

Day One !

all setup and ready to start taking it apart ! been spraying all bots with PB Blaster for a week! twice a day.. it helped alot !
Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

End of the day... what a mess lol
Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light Wheel

Day Two !
Lost few hours of a day light due to bad weather and rain.. but still managed to get some progress
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Tire Wheel

Could not take those bolts out.. and didn't order them.. had to look for some temp bolts so I could just put everything together and start working on the rear..
found some 8.8 Grade only bolts at home depo.. ( ordered new botls from Nissan Dealer.. coming soon.. )

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Wood Automotive exterior

Day Three!
My shackles are better then yours ! no one has em like I do lol 馃ぃ
Gas Auto part Wood Pipe Concrete

End of the day... almost there... but not yet done.. still few things here and there.. and so tired

Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire

Broke brake line.. but it was so rusted.. and I was careful..

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive exterior

Removing old line.. holding bracket with wood so it wont move.. used plenty of PB blaster for few days
Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Replaced that line with new one made all the bents.. not perfect but close
just to find out that the other part on top of little block broke.. 馃槦
but better now then on the highway... getting new brake line soon.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive design Automotive exterior

Just wanted to share my progress so far, been very busy working on it all weekend + labor day.
as I was planning and thinking work would take me 3 days.. but due to rain missing few hours looking for bolts and additional issues it is extended for little longer..
But it will be done soon! so stay tuned my friends 馃榾

Attachments

Registered
Hello everyone ! so as you may know I bought full kit Titan Swap From Nissteclifts and been working hard this on my truck removing old stuff and putting new stuff..
its almost done.. just need to fix some issues that I found along the way... found some nearly broke brake lines and broke one as it was so bad.. so now waiting for new brake lines to come in put them in and bleed the brakes and truck should be ready to take it for alignment
As always I did recorded a video but it will take me some time to edit it all , still trying to decide as to make one video or brake it in few parts as the majority of work was split into 3 days .

Day One !
all setup and ready to start taking it apart ! been spraying all bots with PB Blaster for a week! twice a day.. it helped alot !
View attachment 138829

End of the day... what a mess lol
View attachment 138830

Day Two !
Lost few hours of a day light due to bad weather and rain.. but still managed to get some progress
View attachment 138831

Could not take those bolts out.. and didn't order them.. had to look for some temp bolts so I could just put everything together and start working on the rear..
found some 8.8 Grade only bolts at home depo.. ( ordered new botls from Nissan Dealer.. coming soon.. )

View attachment 138833

Day Three!
My shackles are better then yours ! no one has em like I do lol 馃ぃ
View attachment 138836

End of the day... almost there... but not yet done.. still few things here and there.. and so tired

View attachment 138834

Broke brake line.. but it was so rusted.. and I was careful..

View attachment 138835

Removing old line.. holding bracket with wood so it wont move.. used plenty of PB blaster for few days
View attachment 138837

Replaced that line with new one made all the bents.. not perfect but close
just to find out that the other part on top of little block broke.. 馃槦
but better now then on the highway... getting new brake line soon.
View attachment 138838

Just wanted to share my progress so far, been very busy working on it all weekend + labor day.
as I was planning and thinking work would take me 3 days.. but due to rain missing few hours looking for bolts and additional issues it is extended for little longer..
But it will be done soon! so stay tuned my friends 馃榾
Always rough when you have to work outside. Hat off to you my friend!! Great job

Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
Looking good. Your skills are quite impressive. Keep the photos coming and looking forward to the video.

Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thank you very much guys !

ooh yes I use anti-seize and plenty of grease ))

what bathers me a little working outside is that I can't control environment around me... its very noisy cars drive buy people mowing the lawn all the time.. its very hard to record videos lol

ah... rust.. rust rust... I wish my truck didn't had any... its such a pain that is the worst part working on it.. that it takes time to brake away the bolts..

Thank you buddy !! and for sure ! there will be more photos and video ! )

Registered
power through! I did mine out in the driveway too!!! Going to be great

Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Small Update....

Was trying to resolve some issues.. small nothing big.. fixing some brake lines and stuff like that.. before I can say that the Swap is done..
discovered anther small .. hopefully small issue.. is that on the passenger side the CV axle at the Diff is dripping fluid..
Now I hope its just a seal.. that is just old.. and probably needs to be replaced.. will call Nissan dealer tomorrow to order one so far they been giving me good prices

Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Guys ! just wanted to give you a little update ! already working on the video for the past few days.. ( few hours per day before bed lol ) and from 3 hours 35 min of raw footage I am already down to ~2 hours but still alto of to edit left and stuff to cut out )
still thinking.. ether to keep it as one video ~ about an hour long it will be for sure or brake it into 2 or 3 parts...

Font Screenshot Software Technology Multimedia

Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey guys you are the 1st to see my truck after titan swap ! so I took it back to the spot where it all begun.. where I made my first video
and here are 2 photos almost side by side before.. when I just started driving my truck.. and to now )
and the video of full titan swap installation going live tomorrow

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Nice work @Sturmvoik! Now we know a titan swap can be done in under 1 hour!
Lol 馃槅 I wish I was referring to trim down the video to under 1 hour to cut out extra out as original video file was so long lol 馃槅
I should have worded that sentence better 馃槉

Registered
Excellent job Stumvoik!
I am about to tackle the seized lower control arm bolts. How long did it take you to cut thru them? I will be cutting only the rear ones, for some reason the front ones spin and move easily.

Jarek

Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Excellent job Stumvoik!
I am about to tackle the seized lower control arm bolts. How long did it take you to cut thru them? I will be cutting only the rear ones, for some reason the front ones spin and move easily.

Jarek
good luck ! with new blade and grinder it didn't take long ) few min per bolt tops

1 - 20 of 23 Posts