Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your into biking like i am and dont want to do any heavy customization to make an interior bike rack do yourself a favor and check out this inexpensive rack track system from SARIS. Its like this thing was made especially for our trucks. As you can see in the pics, the screw holes to mount the rack down to the floor are perfectly in line with the utili-track tracks. All i did was find a longer screw to fit the bottom of the cargo hooks and that was it. The only other things you need are the bike mounts. Id recommend going to Performance to get the fork mounts. Sometimes they are on sale and you can get them for like 9 bucks. Try this mod out and you will be IMPRESSED!! Here is the link for the rack:http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/RA707A02-Saris+Traps+Single+Track.aspx

Here the link for the fork mounts:http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=3702

Here are the pics of the rack with bikes on it. It can even accomodate bikes with 6+ inch forks.

One more thing. You can adjust the fork mounts becuase they slide in and out of the tracks. ENJOY!!

·
on line
367 Posts
Nice!!

I was looking at getting something like this, since up till now I've just been using bungee cords to hold the bike in place when I put it inside. Price is nice and cheap too!

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Nice set up.

probably could buy a piece of square aluminum and do the same. Not sure of the cost or availbility but it's a thought.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just liked this thing for ease of installation, moveable fork mounts, and the price. I already had the mounts so it only set me back $35. Not bad to me.

·
on line
28 Posts
awesome! I too am looking for a interior bike rack. I was goign to buy a thule bar and drill the holes in myself. this is def cheaper and better solution.

·
on line
45 Posts
I'm in! This is a great alternative to the over=priced Nissan rack, plus it's easier to use because it has a lower profile, and the bikes can be placed in the vehicle easier. I ordered the parts yesterday and got them this morning. It's already in the truck!

Thanks again for posting up this excellent mod!

Regards,
Marty

·
on line
192 Posts
I just got my Saris Bar yesterday, and installed it.

Its almost like this bar was meant for our X's. AWESOME FIND!!!!!

·
on line
28 Posts
yup, got mine for a while, it fits perfect. I love the rack too. easily holds 2 bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts