Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the front installed today. The total time the whole lift took me was about 6 1/2 hours. I really enjoyed getting the experience of doing this all by myself, with only the assistance of knowledge I gathered here on thenewX.org, Norshor and MCampana who gave me some tips via the phone.

It measured out like this:
(These measurements are from the center of the wheel to the edge of the fender)

(Before) Front - 19 1/16" (After) Front: 21 5/8" Gain of - 2 9/16" Top Gun Customz Spacers

(Before) Rear: 19 1/8" (After) Rear: - 21 1/2" Gain of 2 3/8" PRG/Deaver Mini-Pack

As you can see I am slightly higher in the front (3/16") hardly noticeable, if at all.

I'm pretty happy with it for now, but I reallly am looking forward to switching out the TGC Spacers for the Radflo Coilovers (w/o TC UCAs) from PRG in the next couple of months. This is definitely a good height for someone who does not wish to get larger tires, I think 3" or better would look funny with 265/75R16. So in the end, the mod bug continues to eat away at me...

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did have air tools, I also used a lift, which I think made it a lot easier with rear. I was able to lift the vehicle and then place jack stands under the axle, then lower the vehicle to height that allowed me the needed work space.

No need for the extended length shocks yet, but I plan on adding them in the near future. The stock ones are not quite fully extended, at rest, so I am sure when I am driving they are fine.

·
on line
671 Posts
Sweet...
Looks just the right height!

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
x67934 said:
Any vibrations? Will you need shims?
I did not want to do it twice so I put 3 degree shims in during the install. The angle still looks a bit tweaked but I do not have any vibration.

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TXterra37 said:
I'm starting to get some vibrations and after ruling out my brakes (rotors and pads are fine) it looks like I need some shims. Did you get yours from PRG, ArmyX?
No, I got them from a local shop (Rubens Fleet Service/Allied Spring), I'm sure you can find some in San Antonio. But if your just starting to get vibrations, I'm not so sure that this would be the problem. If the pinion angle is off, it would have been off the very moment they bolted the rear back together, giving you the vibration immediately.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts