Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new White Knuckle sliders in time for nexterra but unfortunately did not make it out that weekend.

Working with John was amazing! Great communication and a great product. I happily received my sliders within 3 weeks of ordering and this was even with custom design specs.

Like most of us I have a wife who was unhappy about entering/exiting the Xterra without the step rails after I finished the 2" suspension lift and 2" body lift. I spoke to John and he said that he can make the sliders with the 2"body lift and then reduce some angles of the tubing to flatten them out, act as steps, and still provide great protection.

Pictures:

2013-12-30_22-16-26_422 by santims, on Flickr

2013-12-30_22-19-48_851 by santims, on Flickr

2013-12-30_22-26-26_974 by santims, on Flickr

2013-12-30_22-26-39_937 by santims, on Flickr

2014-01-01_13-23-24_375 by santims, on Flickr

2014-01-01_11-26-06_154 by santims, on Flickr

2014-01-02_10-06-38_947 by santims, on Flickr

2014-01-01_13-24-09_226 by santims, on Flickr

2014-01-01_13-23-57_460 by santims, on Flickr

2014-01-01_13-23-42_73 by santims, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Those are sharp man. I think they're the best sliders on the market, I was going to buy a pair before I came across a used pair of Shrocks that were in good shape.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I guess the problem is universal unhappy wifes or kids getting in and off the back, I can't wait to get me a set
Looks sharp congrats.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks. glad everyone likes them as much as I do.

Oh man, I am jealous. Ya know, if those sliders were 2" lower your wife would probably be even happier! That being said, I will trade you my non BL shrock sliders, for those, won't even charge you anything! Happy wife, happy life right?
hahah! we are both quite happy with them at their current height.

Looks great. Rusty bumper not so much. Are those your winter tires or where you waiting to get 35's?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yea i have to get around to fixing up my bumper. Those tires are just my plain old every day tires that I have. I cannot justify getting rid of them until i am out of tread.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I know how you feel, those stupid stock tires suck but last forever. Let me know if you want to meet up and have a bumper painting party :) I have stealth'd everything except my rear bumper. (too far but sounds good right? )

·
Registered
499 Posts
Looks sharp.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those look great. How difficult were they to install? Out of all the slider designs, I think I like the White Knuckle ones the most.
Installation was not difficult although it took me a long time. It took a lot of time because it was 18 degrees that day, I was doing it by myself, I had to run to the store for a drill bit twice, I totally misread the effin instructions and drilled 4 holes that were too big (effing fail and a half), and I was not rushing. The self tapping bolts were the biggest pain to install out of the entire install and they weren't really that big a deal at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Those look great! I may have to reference you to John when I order mine around tax time. My 5 year old insists on sliding out of the rear door when she gets out, and I do my best to pick her up and throw her in when we leave...without smacking her head on the way in (what can I say, parenting is a learning game). I've liked the look of the WK's since I first saw them, flatter like this would be a real back (and daughter's head) saver.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He was very open to making this design for me. I asked him a lot of questions from the beginning (most of them about needing modifications to be very step like) and it was his suggestion and I love this different design.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Might I suggest some grip tape on the top? I can just see the 5 year old stepping on the sliders with wet shoes, putting all her weight on it and SLLLIIIPPPP! Face plant into the truck, knees smacking the ground... then the tears.... :(

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no extra charge. As a step, they are amazing. I think that the regular design hugs the body so closely that they only have little operation as a step. Send jon an email he will get back to you quickly with all the details. If you reference my order, I placed my order around the end of november

1 - 20 of 29 Posts