Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive always liked Xterras but have to admit i was looking at 4runners when this Xterra changed my mind and heart.
Will be my daily driver and fun adventure rig for chasing around Alaska with the wife. Stock now but hope to do a 2"ish lift soon. We are in the process of selling our house but when we are in a new place the plasma cutter and mig welder will come out and i will be making bumpers, spare tire rack, sliders, etc.
Nothing special about ut right now other than its mine 馃槈
Count on me annoying you with questions!

Attachments

Premium Member
Welcome from NH.

Administrator
Welcome to TNX Site - Issued Membership Upgrade. :thumbup:

Registered
Its hard to tell from the side but are those stock wheels or.. they almost look like Pathfinder LE wheels.. but again with the angle its hard to tell could be stock...

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, and thanks for the upgrade Old Navy.
Albatross Cafe, school me... what makes the 2011 the best year?
Argan, pics? I need ideas!
Bluez, I think they are stock. You tell me! 馃槈

Attachments

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Well its good to know i have great taste and wisdom even when i have little clue what im doing:)
Anything in this model year that was a particular weak spot to pay attention to?

Registered
Welcome! I also own a 2011 Pro-4x. Weak spots include the OEM rear leaf packs. Also might want to keep a spare Hitachi Crank Position sensor and both Cam Shaft sensors on hand.

Registered
Welcome! I also own a 2011 Pro-4x. Weak spots include the OEM rear leaf packs. Also might want to keep a spare Hitachi Crank Position sensor and both Cam Shaft sensors on hand.

I can attest to the first two, CPS went out on me about a year ago, and my driver side factory leaf took a crap recently, nearing 140k on my 2011.

Registered
school me... what makes the 2011 the best year?
SMOD issue was solved by then, and there is evidence that the timing chain guide issue was fixed by then too (though some still have had issues here). Unlike the 2012 models, 2011s still had the 'shorty' style headrests in the rear. I have a 2012 and those big headrests are really annoying. 2013 introduced new seat upholstery on the P4X models that is not to everyone's taste, and also included a touch-screen 'infotainment' system that seems to be hit or miss. 2013 did introduce new wheels on the P4X that have seemed pretty popular though. No major changes to the models after that year.

I missed out on a 2011 and bought a 2012 instead. Matching P4X shorty headrests (leather, red trim) only come from 2010-2011 models and I've never found a pair someone wants to sell.

Registered
Even better, install new ones and keep the old ones as proven spares, only takes about an hour to install all 3 :thumbleft:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts