Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to NYC yesterday when my ! light came on...not sure why.

We pulled into a rest area, turned it off. Started it back up and it was gone. So we kept driving and about an hour later it came back on.

Then it did the same thing on the way home.

My oil preasure looks good, I'm not overheating, tire preasure is fine, nothing sounds funny, doesn't drive funny.....

I can't figure out what it is.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Yeah. That's the one that I saw when I had aired down.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I have a faulty sensor then because my tires are fine.

·
on line
496 Posts
Cornick you must've gotten a truck built right after a holiday or Friday. Dude I feel for ya.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are all at 42 psi.

The other thing is it's not on all the time....took 2 hours to come on last time.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They've been filled 2x with co2 and the last time was back on April 1st.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Hmm, I dunno, but the CO2 could be causing it. The 2 hour thing tells me it's when the tires are getting hot.

It could be a faulty sensor, but from what I have seen, the people with pressure monitor problems, it ends up being a valid reason it's going off.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
My TPMS light came on while I was driving home from a camping trip over Memorial Day. It came on for an hour or so and then went away. I took it to the dealer, they told me that one of the sensors had to be re-calibrated.

·
on line
559 Posts
These sensors sound like they' re more trouble than they're worth. I was wondering what I should do when I switch out the wheels and tires. Maybe I should just take them out?

As for CO2, what't the benefit of that over regular air?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
There is no benefit over normal air. As a matter of fact, IMO CO2 is worse than normal air. Many will argue the point, but I stand behind the fact that CO2 does not react well with rubber and it's pressure is very dependent on temperature. The reason people use it for airing up is that it is portable.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got back from the dealership. I checked the pressure while I was there. My back left was at 28.5....13.5psi lower than the others, so hopefully that was it.

No idea why it was that low, I hope I don't have a slow leak...

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yep, that would do it.

See my 2nd post. ;)

See, this is why the monitoring system is good. How long would you have driving like that if that light and annoying buzzer wouldn't have come on?

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Muzikman said:
Yep, that would do it.

See my 2nd post. ;)

See, this is why the monitoring system is good. How long would you have driving like that if that light and annoying buzzer wouldn't have come on?
Yea, saw the second post but I've never had issues and the buzzer never went off on me. Took 100 miles of driving to get it to turn on. Then I turned off the truck and sat at a rest stop while we ate. Went back on and it didn't come back on for another 100 miles.

:dontknow:

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
33"

·
on line
3,217 Posts
When you checked the temps were the tires cold or warm?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts