Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The regular horn works, but when I lock the car with the fab as of yesterday just the locks click and the parking lights flash, no "BEEP".

Is this fuse related? I have an aftermarket Piaa horn, but the horn works fine when I honk it....

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Try holding lock, unlock button on fob. If u do that, it will toggle horn sounds when u lock it on or off. I turned mine off. Its annoying.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Try holding lock, unlock button on fob. If u do that, it will toggle horn sounds when u lock it on or off. I turned mine off. Its annoying.
What he said , in case he wasn' t clear enough hold lock & unlock at the same time...

I use that feature when I'm coming home late and don't want to wake the neighbors locking up the X.

·
on line
5,157 Posts
What he said , in case he wasn' t clear enough hold lock & unlock at the same time...

I use that feature when I'm coming home late and don't want to wake the neighbors locking up the X.
Ladies and gents, the next gen Old Navy.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I found this happens when I hit lock too fast. seems the BCU needs 1-2 seconds to recognize "doors are closed"

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I held down the lock/unlock buttons and it reset.

I sat on my car keys the other day and set off my alarm, mustve happened then, thanks guys

·
Registered
19 Posts
Old thread but what if this does not work. Horn works, but can't get it to beep on lock. Tried the hold both buttons as says in the manual. No flash, no beep. 2010 xterra

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Old thread but what if this does not work. Horn works, but can't get it to beep on lock. Tried the hold both buttons as says in the manual. No flash, no beep. 2010 xterra
My 11 just flashes, no beep. I got used to it, now I look for a flash.

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
1,032 Posts
beep is obnoxious..
but no flash, I can see how I'd want to fix not having the visual
AFIK, there are 3 settings, so I think you're in the stealth response mode, the both buttons trick should toggle it.... also all doors have to be closed for it to flash

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry, when I said "no flash" I meant when I try the process as outlined in the manual to re-enable the beep, it is supposed to flash the hazards to indicate the process was completed. It does not. Pressing both buttons on the Key Fob does nothing at all...for 2 seconds, 3 seconds, or 10 seconds...

I just got and programmed a new Key and Key Fobs, I wonder if this somehow messed up this feature :(

BTW, I used this for a new Key and it worked super easy! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W7CHP8H/ That's my review on there... ;-)

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
1,032 Posts
Sorry, when I said "no flash" I meant when I try the process as outlined in the manual to re-enable the beep, it is supposed to flash the hazards to indicate the process was completed. It does not. Pressing both buttons on the Key Fob does nothing at all...for 2 seconds, 3 seconds, or 10 seconds...

I just got and programmed a new Key and Key Fobs, I wonder if this somehow messed up this feature :(

BTW, I used this for a new Key and it worked super easy! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W7CHP8H/ That's my review on there... ;-)
Ok, makes more sense now. Yes I'd say if you're not using a factory fob programmed by the dealer, then I doubt this feature is supported with the aftermarket programming.
Probably a trip to the dealer is needed then to get that to work. (they'll also tell you about needed a key programmed by them) So fixing this may end up costing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got the original FOB, I'll try it with that and report back. I only have one though, and it is pretty beat up...which is why I use the new one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts