Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in my LOBO shelf and I wanted to post pictures. I found one small problem with the shelf, no one ever explained what to use to hold it up. I saw Extra Fort's post and did mine the same way. I guessed at the size of the clips holding it up. I used two 5/16 quick links and two 5/16 spring links. The problem is the shelf leans down toward the front. So I either have to get bigger quick links or smaller spring links to even it out. I also got a fire extinguisher for the door cup holder and found that a 4D cell Maglite fits perfectly in the cargo area next to the fire extinguisher.
Here are some pictures.

I think they made this door cup holder specifically for this fire extinguisher!

The flashlight fits perfectly, doesn't ratter or move at all, even without the fire extinguisher in there.

·
on line
559 Posts
Hey, a computer guy! :)

I like that extinguisher idea. Not sure I want to give up that cup holder though since I use that for the mondo sized bottles of water.

·
on line
42 Posts
I've heard that cup holder is a good quickie alcoholic beverage concealer...

I keep mine clear.

That extinguisher is a good plan though - I need to pick one up. I've seen 2 trucks go up in flames (one due to a short in the engine compartment and another caused by a bad mix of dry grass and a catalytic).

·
on line
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've read too many stories about minor fires that end in total destruction because no one had a fire extinguisher while on the trail.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Very nice.

The center console makes for a very nice trash storage location. Unless you are MC and have to shoe horn a Mega CB radio in there.

:flower:

·
on line
1,479 Posts
I like that rack on the back very nice. I have the same fire Extinguisher in the same location too. I agree, they must have made that place for that specific model bc it is a perfect fit

·
on line
384 Posts
BGXterra said:
I have the same fire Extinguisher in the same location too. I agree, they must have made that place for that specific model bc it is a perfect fit
What model extinguisher is it? I have seen my share of vehicle fires and have been looking for something that would tuck into the Xterra that did not move around or require drilling holes for the mounting hardware.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Lyrex said:
BGXterra said:
I have the same fire Extinguisher in the same location too. I agree, they must have made that place for that specific model bc it is a perfect fit
What model extinguisher is it? I have seen my share of vehicle fires and have been looking for something that would tuck into the Xterra that did not move around or require drilling holes for the mounting hardware.
OK, I am confused I went and looked at the label and I found
a lot of model numbers. Pretty weird I hope this hepls

Kidde Dry Chemical

Model: FA5G, H5G, M5G, FC5, FS5, M5GM

Type: B:C Size I

There are two extinguisher numbers I think once is a serial
but not sure

No: WR-16239 (serial maybe)
No: 0832 (part number maybe)

and one more
Lable: 342087C

that is all the usefull information I could find
If you want i can post a pic of the Fire Extinguisher by
itself

·
on line
384 Posts
If I cannot figure it out with all the info you provided then I am probably not smart enough to operate the extinguisher anyway! Thanks Carlos!

·
on line
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Todd,
The fire extinguisher is from Home Depot. I'm sure they all carry it. It's a Kidde brand and it's labeled as a kitchen/garage extinguisher. It comes with a nice mounting bracket if you put it in your house but I couldn't find a single flat vertical surface in the X to mount it. I like this model because it's slightly bigger than most "auto" extinguishers. If there is a fire I would really hate to have it almost out and run out of fire extinguisher. That would really suck. Especially if it was my X on fire :violent3:

·
on line
1,479 Posts
js479 said:
Hey Todd,
The fire extinguisher is from Home Depot. I'm sure they all carry it. It's a Kidde brand and it's labeled as a kitchen/garage extinguisher. It comes with a nice mounting bracket if you put it in your house but I couldn't find a single flat vertical surface in the X to mount it. I like this model because it's slightly bigger than most "auto" extinguishers. If there is a fire I would really hate to have it almost out and run out of fire extinguisher. That would really suck. Especially if it was my X on fire :violent3:
X2 I was even thinking on buying one to let lazy passengers help putting the fire out :geek:

·
on line
279 Posts
I just posted under the LOBO thread. I used smaller spring clips and locking rings (160# spring 220# locking). I also reversed the position for the rings. Spring to the back (easier to undo to drop the back of the rack). I also added a couple of 22mm screw bumpers to the ends of the rails on the front of the rack. When you drop the back, there's a little cushion to the headliner instead of the ends of the rails. Is the rattling from the clips on the roof mounts driving you crazy? I just wrapped some thin strips of moleskin around the ends of the clips to eliminate the rattling when driving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts