1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That's some beautiful scenery there, mate! Looks like a great day. Thanks for sharing - I subscribed to your channel :thumbright:

Thinking about replacing that windshield? :D

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's some beautiful scenery there, mate! Looks like a great day. Thanks for sharing - I subscribed to your channel :thumbright:

Thinking about replacing that windshield? :D
Hah thanks man, yea gonna replace that after the winter. No sense to do it now just for it to happen again. They use grading rocks instead of salt up here to keep the roads safe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hah thanks man, yea gonna replace that after the winter. No sense to do it now just for it to happen again. They use grading rocks instead of salt up here to keep the roads safe.

They use a lot of rock here too (along with mag chloride). I'd rather have that than salt - replacing a windshield every year is better than having salt corroding everything!

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice video! Damn, that thing looks like it just floats over everything...gotta love the titan swap with saws huh....I hope my saws are like that...
Oh yeah. Titan swap with the Saws make life easy

This was taken in ghost recreational area west of Calgary Alberta

I'm definatly gonna do some mounts over the rig for different angles. Next time we have a trial run I'll do the gnarly sections that should make for a good video. I try and take the easy ways when I'm alone

·
Registered
378 Posts
You gotta love Canada and Xterra, what could possibly be better than driving an X through Rockies? ;-) Ha ha, obvious you are from near around here, I noticed your cracked windshield :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Could someone please enlighten me here, what is the titan swap with saws? :withstupid:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Could someone please enlighten me here, what is the titan swap with saws? :withstupid:
"Titan swap" is when one removes the front suspension/axles/differential of a stock Xterra & replaces those parts with the same from a Nissan Titan. Bigger, beefier, better.

"Saws" are Sway-a-Way coilovers, a high-end shock setup for Titan swapped Xterras.

What this all means is that SteadyHigh (a) has a lot of time/$$ into building his rig, (b) gets killer performance out of said rig.

·
on line
1,446 Posts
Awesome vid!

I'm getting a GoPro really soon to be able to take vids as well and I have a question. What mount are you using in this vid? I hear rattling while watching and wonder if it's the mount or something else?

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its the cover of the box the go pro comes on. It fits perfect on too of the dash Lol. It has a Mount built it for when its being displayed.

I have some kick ass mounts now. A 4 foot arm that will allow me to Mount on the roof rack and get the entire side view of the truck. Only no good when on tight trails. You can do whatever you want with these things. Just make sure you have a good computer or you don't be able to edit in full quality

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"Titan swap" is when one removes the front suspension/axles/differential of a stock Xterra & replaces those parts with the same from a Nissan Titan. Bigger, beefier, better.

"Saws" are Sway-a-Way coilovers, a high-end shock setup for Titan swapped Xterras.

What this all means is that SteadyHigh (a) has a lot of time/$$ into building his rig, (b) gets killer performance out of said rig.
Pretty much

1 - 17 of 17 Posts