Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

My first adventure

5K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  JIMBO 
#1 ·
Finally found a local trail to test out the new X! I am a beginner to 4x4 and Xterras... I am very pleased with the way it handled the terrain that looked pretty intimidating to me :cyclopsani:

Sure am glad the xterras are as skinny as they are for the entrance to this place in So Cal

Here are some pics:

Tire was off the ground a little bit on that last one... EXCITING!!! (until i saw the crazy shit the rest of you post here :cheers: )

Getting up onto that rock bent my rear mud flap so I removed all four after the trip.

See less See more
#4 ·
I have more pics put didn't want to take up too much space... How do i create a link to my photobucket account?? Is it the same address as when i look at it when i am logged in?

Thats a bummer the mud flap caused body damage!!! FRUSTRATING... Luckily mine was weak and bent in half

Thanks guys

#9 ·
Looks good man. Yeah, the first time you go out, everything looks ALOT worse than it is. When I first got the X I looked at stuff and went, I'll never make it. Now I look at the same stuff and go...I could probably make that in a car. ;)

Yep, mud flaps, step rails and rear swaybar should all come off.

I bet that back tire would have stayed on the ground with the rear swaybar off.

I broke both my rear flaps off the first time I took the X wheeling and that was on just an old (early 1900's) unmaintained township road.

The step rails will bend all up if you hit them with rocks. So it would be smarts to taken them off now while they are in good shape, sell them and buy some Shrock Sliders.

#12 ·
Syndicate said:
While you've just made the point... Are any other changes needed when removing the rear swaybar? Also, how much on-road agility do you lose?
You'll never feel the difference. When I took mine off I went for a ride and was feeling for a difference...and got nothing.

I usually forget that it's off until I see pictures with them still attached.

#13 ·
Thanks for all the great comments I would love to buy those sliders but will have to wait since school is starting up which means no money! :(

Here are the rest of my pictures at my photobucket

And to answer your question about San Jose... No this was taken near Simi Valley (Ventura County)... But I was born in San Jose :cheers:

#19 ·
:clown: Well, perhaps I was a bit hasty--

--The trouble with MT's is-- when you're nervous-you RIDE the clutch----

--That heats and wears things--

--If you have an auto-you ride the brake and gas --no problemo---

--I have only one argument against AUTO's and thats a diff. subjt.--

-- :drunken: :drunken: --JIMBO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.