Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
As someone who has done that. I'd suggest against it.
1, you pay a lot more shipping it in parts.
2, there's usually a discount for ordering a full set.

I did mine in parts because some was a Bday wish list (and full set cost was too steep to 'request'), along with wanting some aluminum and some steal. On top of that, I've recently ordered a radiator skid with $65/$75 shipping, which would have shipped for free with a bumper (I'm not ready for that yet, but you can see how the costs add up).

But yes, the skids do bring piece of mind to the noises you hear while wheeling lol AND, they let you slide right over stuff rather than getting hung up.
I paid $180.00 shipping for my ShrockWorks front bumper which included the radiator skid plate. However, I bought it from a third-party vendor. I later learned if you buy from ShrockWorks directly, you may pay more for the parts, but you will save money overall on the reduced shipping costs.

See below:

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Number

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Oh yeah, the cost can definitely be more OR less going direct vs 3rd party. I check both ways and seen it flip flopped. Sometimes has to do with shipping distances or deals they've made with each other... even though its often drop shipped, so same 'work' for the manufacturer.

Shipping can be the great equalizer, both in actual value, as well as the 'standard decided amount' that they've decided to charge.
Then there's the benefits of local. I have a couple shrockworks skids purely because its local. Call on Wed, pick up on Friday. No shipping charges.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
787 Posts
I need to start looking into options on skid plates...

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I need to start looking into options on skid plates...
Machine Metal Audio equipment Gun barrel Gas

This what I got upon my shop's recommendation. Cost $785.23 (including shipping).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Pretty sure it’s the circled parts, early 2010 will need to confirm though.

I just realized I never responded to this. Thank you, and I speak with my shop. Do the longitudinal reinforcements have a specific name?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I just realized I never responded to this. Thank you, and I speak with my shop. Do the longitudinal reinforcements have a specific name?
I’m not sure if this is 100% correct but based on a list of the kit contents, I’m going to go with “impact tubes”.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts