Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im 18 and im not all into the offroad thing but i do occationally go but its nothing crazy. as college is right around the corner for me my summer is being cut short cus i have to be at football camp by august 12th. but anyway thats not what im post this about, i never really post so i just wanted to show some of you hardcore guys wut fits my needs.

i go camping, mt biking and snowboarding alot, well when im not training for football im out in the mt's of NY and VT so this is what i am doing cus some of the roads that my journey's take me on should not be considered roads, but anyway i have finally saved up over the past two years to buy what i want for my X so check it out

aries bursh guard-(i know i know you can have a brush guard you have to have your rig shrocked out, well i have no need for that.)

2.5 inch Calmini suspension lift

(all of the above i ordered about 10 min ago from posting this by the way)

next up mass lights on my rig when i am camping with friends it tends to get very dark in the moutains and on the roads so i am getting 4 6in 100watt pro comp lights on the brush guard 4 6in 100 watt procomp lights on the roof bin and finally 4 pro comp 100's to go on the sides and on the back (so i dont hit smoky the bear when i back up)

safari rack- to hold all my camping gear not too sure witch one i would like to go with do any of you have any sugestions on witch one

battery and altinator not only do i have the lights but i already have a air compressor on board so does any body have any sugestions as to if i would need a new one of each (i am asuming a will) and if so whitch is good, however a buddy of mine has a duralast in his Ram and he has more electronics then a nuclear sub.

i just bought a cb radio from a trucker for 30 bucks that he was selling and it works fine (my dad is a trucker and looked at it and its good)

finally this is my biggest problem that i can not overcome and this is where i need help.....TIRES i have no idea what to get- size, brand, tred. my stock ones only have about 13500 miles on it so i am goin to keep those for a bit besides at this point i have run out of money.

well thats it i hope you guys can help and thanks for checking out my project and i will post pics as soon as i start strapping shit on my rig.
if i can just get some feed back that would kick ass so umm yea bye bye

bd23bab

:geek:

·
on line
576 Posts
As far as racks go, I would go with the best price and looks you are seeking. If you have the funds, you can't go wrong with a full replacement rack by GOBI (if they ever release it).

For all those lights, I would go with a mean green alternator and optima yellow top (or a similar battery to the yellow top). But if you don't plan to run ALL the light at the same time, you should be fine with stock.

For tires, I would say BFG A/T KOs. I just find these tires to be the best tire to fit the street and moderate offroad. If you wanted to go a bit more meater, the Goodyear MTRs aren't bad, but they won't be as street friendly as the KOs.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I agree with Pony, so just to add to the last post...The Optima batteries are great, but a bit tricky to fit in the X. Possible, but it may take some extended lines and the like. They're not just bolt in. There are some threads here from a while back to check out. Ask 4-Wheel Parts about different terminal configurations--that's important.

Tires. Stock size on the OR addition is 265 75 16s--they fit all newXs perfectly and look great. Personally, I like upsizing to 33s (the 265s are about 31.5), which means either 285 75 16s (although they work best IMO with 8" rims, stock are 7") or--very popular here 255 85 16s. The 255s are skinnier than stock, but trust me, they look bad-ass, fit perfectly on stock rims, and get you more clearance. Only problem, only a few tires come in this size, but among them are the BFG MTs, one of the most popular on-offroad tires out there. They're more aggressive than the ones Pony mentioned in the last post, but still chill on road.

With 33s, you probably will want to mod the fenderwells with a heat gun; the how-to is here. If you are considering aftermarket rims, be warned: there are only a few that fit to clear our calipers in front.

Racks: Yakimas are available on the shelf everywhere, and they work fine. It's what I run now. But I agree with Pony: the rack of choice will be the full replacemant Gobi, which still isn't available. The claim is soon. It won't be cheap, but if camping is your game (mine too) a great rack is like a great knife--it pays its way over and over.

·
on line
576 Posts
Oops, yeah I forgot about the terminal for the opitma battery. I had to buy a longer clamp to get everything to reach.

And I also like the BFG M/T. They are also another excellent choice if you want something a bit more beefier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts