Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after our wonderful update (insert digital sarcasm) I figured I would copy and paste almost everything into this so that I have the capability to edit it, I am not happy that my first thread is all but gone however :poop: happens and its not the end of the world, if you are new to my build thread then look it over and I hope you get some inspiration, if not then just know this is the more accurate thread.

Intro Comments: A little history - Hello, I am a new member to the Xterra community, this is my second car and I have had her for about a year. Since I have decided that I am going to keep this vehicle for a long time, I want to start turning her into a capable overland vehicle. The second purpose of this thread is to keep an online record of the mods going into this vehicle. Enjoy!

Instagram: Silver_Shenanigans

Username: Adventure_X

Xterra Nickname: Terra

Make: Nissan
Year: 2005
model: Xterra
Trim: SE
Color: Silver Lightning

MODS

Suspension:

Full OME kit 2" front 3" back \

Rims and Tires:
BFG KO2
Level 8 MK6 16"

Interior:
Custom leather interior
DIY LOBO rack
Starting Morale patch collection
TYT 9800 ham radio

Exterior:
Auxbeam hood lights (removed)
Extreme led 22" light bar
Removed mud flaps
Amber strobes
Diamond ham antenna

Performance:
Nismo cold air intake
Dynomax cat back exhaust
Radiator replacement to prevent SMOD
Intake Manifold Spacer (installing this weekend)

Armor:
ARB front bumper
P&P level 2 sliders (installing this weekend)
balls of steel

PHOTOS

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Installed the suspension a while ago, everything went smooth. My next project is my ARB bumper install, I picked it up from Nisstec today and will install it this weekend!

Apr 12, 2019

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently it has been a while because I forgot to mention that I also did the drivers two cats and a cat-back dynomax exhaust. It sounds as it should have from the factory, aggressive but it doesn't drone on the highway. I am a little disappointed though because it has only been about three months and the welds on the muffler have started to get surface rust as well as the included exhaust clamps, other than that I am very happy.

Apr 12, 2019

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just finished the ARB bumper install, I used a sawzall to cut the front bumper and inner fender liners, the cuts came out clean enough for me to be happy. It was a reasonably easy install and the extra weight of the front bumper helps out to massively reduce the stiff ride of my OME suspension.

Apr 13, 2019

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just changed the ATF for the first documented time in 160k miles, I also re-wired my power poles and made a plate under the dash so that I have easier access and less wires running through the firewall. I am getting a breaker here soon so I don't have to worry about drawing too much current. (ignore the horrid cut on the metal plate, It was the best I could do with only a sawzall)

Apr 21, 2019

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a 22" light bar from Extreme led, a company that is local to me here in Colorado, this thing is f***ing bright! I will be doing scene lights in the future however they are not as high of a priority compared to under body armor.

Jun 15, 2019

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I changed out my idler pulley and tensioner as I noticed they had excessive play. When I did this I found that my engine was making a weird noise and I decided to have a professional look at it. After a day of diagnosing the problem they found that a control door in the intake manifold had failed and the entire manifold needed to be replaced. $900 later the noise is fixed however I wish I could have done it myself because I could have done intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, and spark plugs all at the same time. Oh well, lessons learned.

Video of my engine making said noise

Jun 15, 2019

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just some photos from when I went camping and offroading this past weekend. I wish I could have tried out my light bar but unfortunately the mounting bolts fell out on the first dirt road and I had no way to create a mount so it got set in the back seat for the weekend.

Jun 26, 2019

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
So after our wonderful update (insert digital sarcasm) I figured I would copy and paste almost everything into this so that I have the capability to edit it, I am not happy that my first thread is all but gone however :poop: happens and its not the end of the world, if you are new to my build thread then look it over and I hope you get some inspiration, if not then just know this is the more accurate thread.
If I have read everything correctly. You can only edit new posts for 24 hours. So, in 24 hours you will no longer be able to edit this post. Let us know if that is true. That is what happened when I tired.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
went on a group trail run with a bunch of great people from here, I took a few photos but was more excited to be with other members so they were minimal here is the link to them.
(please don't edit anything, I left that open so that other members of the run can add their photos)

link

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just finished installing an intake manifold spacer, spark plugs, and rock sliders, pretty good for a few hours of work! When I was removing the old spark plugs I noticed that one of them had a small amount of oil on it, and the intake ports had some too, since there is no smoke coming from the exhaust I was not worried about it however I wanted to take note of it.

the photos won't downlode off my phone so I will have to post them later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts