Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start going off, I’d like to say I have used this forum to fix so many issues without asking any questions, so I feel I owe a preemptive thank you to this community.
I went out to my X the other day and the battery was so dead I couldn’t unlock with the fob. I had driven it the day before so it hadn’t been sitting. I jumped it and let it idle for 20 minutes to get some charge back in the battery. Then I let it sit overnight again and it was dead the next morning. I’ve had the battery and alternator tested. I also hooked a multimeter in series with the negative terminal and cable and checked every fuse and relay in the car to see if there was any change. The multimeter read 5.1 amps with the door open and after shutting the door it drew ~3.3 amps. So there is definitely something draining the power. My understanding was that every circuit would run through a fuse or relay. My question: what is the next step?

· Registered
35 Posts
Let the car sit for about 15 minutes to let it go into "sleep mode" and check amp draw. While checking, pull fuses/relays one by one until the draw drops. This way you can focus in on what is pulling power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts