Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intro Comments:

Purchased this rig in 2008 as a floor model at a Nissan dealership with approximately 4 miles on the odometer. Story goes... my sister asked me to go help her car shopping. She test drove a Nissan XTERRA SE but didn't care about the SUV's ergonomics and truck like handling. She didn't end up buying that day. Myself on the other hand came home with the floor model Nissan XTERRA Off Road model. The rest is history...

It has been my daily driver and for the last 12 years, has remained pretty much stock with the exception of the maXTERRA rock sliders. Then came the pandemic...working from home since March, plenty of free-time surfing the web. End result: New front bumper, suspension system, new shoes and almost maxed out CC lol.

UserName: Sollow_EX08

Xterra's Nickname: Mellow Yellow

Make: Nissan
Year: 2008
Model: Xterra
Trim: 4x4 Off Road
Color: Solar Yellow

Mods:

Wheels/Tires:

• 285/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac on the stock OR rims
Suspension:
  • Front: 2" ADO Springs with Bilstein 5100's
  • Rear: 3" 3 Leaf ADO AAL with Bilstein 5100's
Exterior:
  • ARB front bumper with Stedi Fog Lights and cheap ass 7" Led Driving Lights
  • Homemade "Dep Hep" style Roof Rack
  • maXTERRA Rocksliders
  • maxXTERRA Rear Bumper with tire swing out "Coming Soon..5 month wait :cool: "
Interior:
  • Homemade rear cargo rack
  • GPS console retrofitted with backup camera
Future Mods:
  • Dual-battery setup
  • 9500 Winch with synthetic line

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
806 Posts
It’s like buying her new all over again!

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Great beginning story!
Mine was shopping for Jeep Grand Cherokee after giving one up 6 months earlier. They changed the body outside and inside and I had no interest in it, took just minutes to decide.

Nissan was right next door. One test drive, instant attraction. I left in the black one I test drove.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Isn't it funny how Nissans are often forgotten about but then instantly loved after driven? We rented a 2020 Armada for a trip back in June and freakin' LOVED it. We're waiting to see what the next gen will bring but I hear that comment more from Nissans than any other make. I mean that's how I was with my first Z, the Armada, and even my X.

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
69 Posts
Dang your truck is looking great! What LED Fogs did you go with for the ARB bumper? The halos with the running lights look awesome. I went with the ARB LED Fog kit and haven't been overly impressed.

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dang your truck is looking great! What LED Fogs did you go with for the ARB bumper? The halos with the running lights look awesome. I went with the ARB LED Fog kit and haven't been overly impressed.
I went with Stedi foglights. It's from a company based in Australia. It cost a bit more than the ones from ARB but the quality is awesome and shipping was fast.

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
69 Posts
I went with Stedi foglights. It's from a company based in Australia. It cost a bit more than the ones from ARB but the quality is awesome and shipping was fast.
Ah I did look at those. Good to know and they look great!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Stedi here as well I think they look and work awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts