·
on line
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep! it's super nice in many ways. Now i just have to name her. Been thinking of "T-Rex" but want something more endearing.... i got the loaded pro-4x..

Reactions: AlbatrossCafe

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Very nice. Glad you got the 2020. This is the first generation that I think halfway competes with the mainstream half-ton trucks. Everything previous was pretty weak IMO

Ok, I'm curious.
What changes were made to the 2020 to allow it to be competitive?
I was told by an unreliable source that Nissan dropped the diesel engine in the Titan.
To be clear, I have no idea if this is true or not.

·
TNX Veteran
3,993 Posts
Ok, I'm curious.
What changes were made to the 2020 to allow it to be competitive?
I was told by an unreliable source that Nissan dropped the diesel engine in the Titan.
To be clear, I have no idea if this is true or not.
  • Exterior didn't change much. It is mostly styling - IMO it looks better. Old one was bulbous and awkward looking
  • Engine got an increase in HP. It's at 400hp now with premium fuel
  • Interior is where it made a HUGE improvement - basically the whole thing was modernized. Better ergonomics, infotainment, layout, etc. It looks much more 2020 whereas the 2019 and previous models looked like they were from an F150 in 2012.
The diesel was dropped, yes. But the diesel sucked. No one bought it, it was unreliable, and didn't really perform that well. Plus 2020 got some cool colors. Looks like @silverflash got that sweet sand-colored PRO-4x...?

·
on line
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep! got baja storm. the 2020 has the new 9 speed transmission which is getting rave reviews. I like it. i never drove an older titan so can't compare but will tell you the titan never really grabbed my attention until i saw the pro4x. and i love the baja storm color. To me, who has a 07 xterra s and a 2017 patriot 4x4 with manual windows, the 2020 titan is absolute luxury. Is it as capable offroad as the xterra or the 2019 tacoma trd offroad i traded in? No. probably not. unless i lift it but even then it's a big monster on small trails. But I don't do that sort of wheeling. So for my purposes, where my patriot does just fine as does my fiance's new honda crv- steep gravel mountain roads- it should do jsut fine. Only concern i have are the side bars i installed. used the same ones on the tacoma and they were higher up than the frame. On the titan, they sit lower by a couple inches than the lowest point in center of the truck. So that will hurt my break over angle. Does it matter? I doubt it as I still have an 18.7 degree and that's a tad more than a stock gladiator- non rubicon. Time will tell. I figured out breakover angle by knowing the stock value is 21.7 degrees and knowing the wheel base as 139.8". I was able to solve for the low spot they used which ends up being like 13.4". I measured from the ground to bottom of the lowest part of the side bars and that is 11.5". So that leads me to a breakover of 18.7. Not all that great, my patriot is like 23 or something, but it should suffice for my purposes.

Reactions: AlbatrossCafe

·
Registered
390 Posts
I saw Fender has replaced Rockford in the audio arena. If they don't have a guitar input jack as part of that system, I will be extremely disappointed in Fender and Nissan.

·
on line
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they have and i have no idea- prolly not as i sense sarcasms....LOL

Reactions: HanCholo
1 - 9 of 9 Posts