Future Mods:
Skids
Bumpers
ARB's

PHOTOS

As she sits now:

Stock as all get out:

Couple days later the new MK6's and the AT2's off the 06 went on:

Shortly after that the PRG kit went on and I was back to the same height as the 06 was. Home, sweet home:

Now, I'm just enjoying the hell out of it! Having gone from the S to the Pro-4X, I love having the locker and the better gearing.

TS'd and 4.56's installed 3/9/15:

More to come.... Thanks for looking. :salute:

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Guessing peeled off, first pic shows them on the passenger side.

And that now makes since when I saw the second picture I was thinking, why is it so white?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
congrats on the new X man, did you peal off the plastic door mouldings or did it only come with them on one side ???
Thanks man! No, I pulled the one side assured that there were not going to be holes... "No man, they are just stick on". I have holes and they are not just stick on:mad: So, now I'm still deciding to fill the holes or buy a new trim kit for the one side. I kinda have a plastic plug thing that works ok, you can hardly notice.

Guessing peeled off, first pic shows them on the passenger side.

And that now makes since when I saw the second picture I was thinking, why is it so white?
Si:iconbiggrin:

Sweet new X, I've seen you around town a couple of times, looking good!
Thank you Sir:salute: I'm right back to having 3 weeks of vacation to burn before September, let's plan a weekday run this spring/summer!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Looks good! Better get some sliders on there now.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotta, gotta, GOT a Garmin! Went with the Montana 650t, love it so far. Can't wait to start tracking my trail runs:cheers:

Also, I wimped out on building my own sliders on this X. I decided to give a local fab shop a try this go around. Made exactly how I want them and installed for less than what it would've cost me to ship a set from any of our available options. Should be a couple weeks and I'll have them on. Stay tuned:eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Gotta, gotta, GOT a Garmin! Went with the Montana 650t, love it so far. Can't wait to start tracking my trail runs:cheers:

Also, I wimped out on building my own sliders on this X. I decided to give a local fab shop a try this go around. Made exactly how I want them and installed for less than what it would've cost me to ship a set from any of our available options. Should be a couple weeks and I'll have them on. Stay tuned:eek:ccasion5:
judging by your last pic, you really need them! lol

·
Registered
1,801 Posts

Relentless fab is a great shop and they make some great products, even though they specialize in toyota parts.

Do you have any close up pics of the sliders? How big is the kick out?

·
Registered
58 Posts
What is your experience pulling that travel trailer? I'm going to be getting a trailer and a little worried that the X may underperform as a tow vehicle even if conservatively kept under 5,000 lbs.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What is your experience pulling that travel trailer? I'm going to be getting a trailer and a little worried that the X may underperform as a tow vehicle even if conservatively kept under 5,000 lbs.
It did JUST ok. I bought my wife a 6.2l Yukon Denali so that I don't have to use the X anymore if that tells you anything. Too much parachute effect behind the X for my liking.

·
Registered
339 Posts
You are my new inspiration my friend!

Had to come here to see where I'm headed. This is one nice rig you have built and is giving me a lot of excellent idea's. Haven't seen it since you TS'd but I may be headed your way SOON!

Now I just need to win the lottery after buying the new rig.

Are you running spacers on the rear wheels? Where did you get them? I am considering 4 of them with the stock wheels until I can save up for a TS.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts