Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aloha everyone. Member's Product Sale. Available and for sale are front and rear replacement burgers in a couple of different designs and options.
These replacement burgers were made using a laser engraving machine using materials manufactured specifically for these types of machines.
Inspiration for this came from this thread.

Overview:
Materials Available
1) Black/White: Black Surface, engraves white, matte finish, Surface Engraved (B/W Example)
2) Glow in the Dark (GID): Translucent Color, Reverse Engraved
3) "Grey" - This is actually the black/white material but at a lower resolution which gives a "checkerboard" effect Example of the "Grey"
4) Black/White with Tape Mask: This option allows the customer to paint the white engraved section a color of their choosing Custom Painted Burger Mounted For front and rear burgers this option is an additional $5 per burger.

Designs Available
1) Zombie (NYTKSHR inspired)
2) X-Terra (for the guys on thenewx.org)
3) Custom Designs - No Charge if you provide the necessary artwork in electronic format (ie: Corel Draw file). additional $25+ without artwork
Example #1 "Dharma"
Example #2 x_mods custom design & painted
4) Biohazard Wheelcap, Wheelcap on the Truck

Sizes available
1) Front OEM burger replacement (measured off the burger of an 05 Frontier)
2) Rear OEM burger replacement (measured off the rear tailgate of an 05 Frontier) Front vs Rear size comparison
3) Custom resizing (to a smaller size is no extra charge, buyer to provide the exact dimensions)

Known Size Differences (July 2013)
1) 2013 Frontiers - Rear Burger is slightly smaller than 12- (due to the "spoiler" lip)
2) Xterras - Front Burgers vary in size due to changes in the grill size between years (forget model years off the top of my head so please measure)

Shipping
Burgers = USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope/Box or USPS First Class Envelope
Center Wheel Caps = USPS via a Regular envelope

Mounting Options: Do It Yourself
1) 3/16" Acrylic Backing plate provided (See Post #82 as an example)
No screws or Mounting Materials Provided. Only the Acrylic is provided.
2) 3M VHB tape (3M VHB Tape)
3) Gorilla Glue
4) JB Weld
5) Read the thread to see what others have done

Prices for basic Zombie Burger:
Front Burger $30
Rear Burger $20
Wheel Caps $25/set of 4 or $30/set of 5

Additional Charges
Tape Mask for Painting: +$10/color (except grey)
"Grey" color: + $5
Custom Designs: Starting at $15-$25/design

Discount:
-$5 if ordering more than one burger or wheel caps per order

Picture Gallery:

Dharma

CarJeep's GID Front

CarJeep's GID Rear

x_mods Front Custom "Grey"

x_mods Wheelcaps painted Orange

My "Datsun" Burger

Beaterpc's "Grey" X-Terra Burger

x_mods Custom Front Painted Burger

aksoutherland's Painted Wheelcaps

Brushed Aluminum/Black Wheelcaps

Nomad13's Custom Burger

Mahalo for looking!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
^^ Thanks for that. I swear it took me an hour to write that thing and it still had typos. I edited the original post which had a typo and did not account for those ordering more than 1 sign. Hopefully the edits clarifies it but here is an example:

1 GID Front = $35
1 GID Rear = $30
less $5 for shipping discount on second item
= $35 + $30 -$5 = $60 shipped to your door.

A third item (GID, Front) would cost an additional $35-$5=$30
A fourth item (GID, Rear) would cost an additional $30 - $5 = $25
and so on. Shipping discount also applies to the Black/White signs.

The point is you pay for shipping only once per order.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My idea is going to break my bank account!
lol...Sorry man but you broke my "free time" account. If you only knew how much time your idea costed me :) My girlfriend can't wait til I am done designing burgers. Your thread came right at the time when I am painting my new grill for my Frontier and I needed/wanted a new burger to finish off it's look.

Too much empty space in the middle so I wanted to fill it with something...then I ran across your thread looking for ideas and dozens of hours later...here we are :)

·
West North Central Regional Moderator
9,790 Posts
seriously jealous of the open grill. If I could get something like that for the x, I'd put N-I-S-S-A-N across it instead of the burger.

·
Registered
16 Posts
what color is the glow in the dark one in normal light? Is it also black and white? Instead of the black can you match the color of the bottom moulding of our xterra. ie Dupli color perfect match charcoal gray metallic seems to be a pretty close match...... I am interested in a front one and maybe a rear one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what color is the glow in the dark one in normal light? Is it also black and white? Instead of the black can you match the color of the bottom moulding of our xterra. ie Dupli color perfect match charcoal gray metallic seems to be a pretty close match...... I am interested in a front one and maybe a rear one.
I will take pictures and post tomorrow during the day. I do not know how to best describe the color. The glow in the dark material is engraved from behind. The non engraved section is glow in the dark. Engraving removes the glow in the dark material. The example I have was "color matched" using a spray can (same color as my grill in the pic above). So painting is easy because you can just spray it from behind. I cannot spray these due to the numerous variations. The higher price reflects a higher material cost and the fact that I don't normally buy this material. The black/white on the other hand I do use for other projects and can buy it locally so I don't have to pay for shipping.

The glow in the dark material is the same color as "glow sticks" with the translucent greenish tinge. It is not quite clear and see through and is more of that frosted green look. This means that the glow in the dark material has a "frosted" look during the day. The best way that I can describe it is its the same way a glow stick or other glow in the dark material looks like when not glowing. Hope that helps.

The glow in the dark will be sold unfinished so that each person has the option of customizing to their liking.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It might be best for those with questions/concerns about the glow in the dark material to wait until someone has time to write a review. I am not in a rush to sell these and would rather people be satisfied. Just my 2 cents. There will be more than one batch of these available for the next couple of weeks so don't feel like you are going to miss out if you don't order now.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Any chance you could get a pic of the Dharma up on the grill? Also is there a chance it could be made so that the entire width of the outer white trim goes to the edge of the burger so that the piece itself is an octagon? I realize this would be more material and more cutting area but if you're not limited by material size I'd pay a little more for it :) (in B/W) Or is there a recess that the burger fits into and that would make it not fit and hard to mount? Might be another month or two until I order but just curious if that's possible

Sorry to be picky, these all look amazing! If I had a heavily modded truck I'd get a zombie burger in an instant but I feel like it'd look a little silly on a stock rig. Or maybe that's just me. Seriously though, nice job on these :thumbright:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any chance you could get a pic of the Dharma up on the grill?
Will do in a couple of hours after there is more light out.

Also is there a chance it could be made so that the entire width of the outer white trim goes to the edge of the burger so that the piece itself is an octagon?
This is possible. There are no mounting restrictions that I can foresee (remember though I'm looking at a Frontier grill). It is flat with holes for the clips to go into so no restrictions there. Design wise the only problem I see is that the octagon would be bigger than the circle in certain areas so may lend itself to being accidentally snagged or give more exposed surface area to be pulled off by someone (stolen). You may want to have another piece of acrylic that is octagon shaped (maybe 1/8" thick) to mount the burger to so that it has more thickness to avoid the aforementioned potential problems.

Might be another month or two until I order but just curious if that's possible
pm me when you are ready or if you have any more design questions.

Sorry to be picky, these all look amazing! If I had a heavily modded truck I'd get a zombie burger in an instant but I feel like it'd look a little silly on a stock rig. Or maybe that's just me. Seriously though, nice job on these :thumbright:
Asking questions is not picky. I'd rather you ask them now than be disappointed later. Since you plan on waiting a month or two, I might have a design or two later you might be interested in. I'm still brainstorming for what to put in my new grill. Thanks. It's been a fun creative outlet.

·
Registered
101 Posts
808-

I am trying to get a gauge of the thickness of the material used to make this badge. I hate to add to your already full plate, but if you could post a side view or a shot showing thickness that would be excellent.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are some pics people were asking for.

Of the GID Material.

The white part = what glows in the dark. The frosted part look white-ish in the picture but has that tinge of green in real life that is similar to a glow stick.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
64 Posts
hey is $35 + $30 -$5 = $50 or $60:scratch:

^^ Thanks for that. I swear it took me an hour to write that thing and it still had typos. I edited the original post which had a typo and did not account for those ordering more than 1 sign. Hopefully the edits clarifies it but here is an example:

1 GID Front = $35
1 GID Rear = $30
less $5 for shipping discount on second item
= $35 + $30 -$5 = $50 shipped to your door.

A third item (GID, Front) would cost an additional $35-$5=$30
A fourth item (GID, Rear) would cost an additional $30 - $5 = $25
and so on. Shipping discount also applies to the Black/White signs.

The point is you pay for shipping only once per order.

1 - 20 of 339 Posts
About this Discussion
338 Replies
78 Participants
HawaiianXterra
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing