Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
roXterra rear bumper - in the rough plain steel look

Hitch center, round backup lights - which could be wired by you to be just backwards facing lights with a switch
Electrical connection next to hitch

more details on the website: www.roXterra.com
1" recovery points on the outside of round lights
2" hitch connection
2x2" tube internal support behind the 3/16 bumper plate
License plate holes on the right

Powder coated black or King Sport Grey, which color would you pick?
King Sport Grey color on roofrack

$450 in raw steel, with 2 3/4" holes for lights (like the optional 2 1/2" Poison Spyder white lights)

2 bumpers ready tomorrow, more built to order with 2 week turnaround at present

More photos coming soon

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, got the illumination covered, tested on my original bumper as the first thing.
License plate will be in the big area to the right of the hitch.

Plastic LED cross-top-license bolt mounted illumination.
The first try was with a motorcycle light that is super slim and tape mounts to the back of the license plate itself, but the above LED while bulkier illuminates more.
Simple vs more light?

License plate and illumination for plate?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hitch attached, 1" recovery points attached.
The lines on the bumper are the lifting (due to heat of the welding on the back) of the wafer thin layer on top of the new steel. The typical steel treatment after this, is sandblasting at 300mph (up to 1000mph speed at nozzle) and then cooking it at 400 degrees prior to powder coat application.

Optional backup lights (or optional holes), but you could have these lights wired instead to be your off road light-behind-me lights (with your own cabin switch... remote control?)

Optional black silicone license plate minimal-look holder (holes on the bottom)

View from below the bumper at the spare tire above
265 75 R16 spare tire shown, so a 33" or 285 tire should fit into the 2" gap, especially since the tire is centered in position.... so about 2" gap all around?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, and welcome almost, there are many nice off roading spots near and far, camping that works year round.

Very nice, and conveniently enough I'll be moving to Tucson in a few months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Red running lights in the bumper, or white camping ones instead?
The Poison Spyder (white) lights have nice power, you'll need your own switch to control them, like inside switch in the back? Or bumper mounted?
The red ones could be wired to brake lights or running lights. The choice is up to you.

it is hard to capture light intensity with a phone but here is a try showing how much brighter the white lights are compare to stock rear lights

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thank you, and welcome almost, there are many nice off roading spots near and far, camping that works year round.
Looking forward to this the most, getting "lost" in the desert. I would love to get one of your rear bumpers once I'm settled, any chance you plan to do a front winch capable bumper?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Time will tell about front bumper, heavy duty tools are needed to do it right. But there is desire and if there will be buyers’ desire it may happen after our other things take off.

We do drop in roof racks too, you may find use for one one day. I had my roof rack since first Xterra days in 2006 buy recently the drop in low height became important.

I like desert camping in mildly remote areas, plenty of that across several southwest states. Lots of variety if you like driving far. Quiet starry nights. Lakes, sand, monsoon skies, and snow if you time things right.

Looking forward to this the most, getting "lost" in the desert. I would love to get one of your rear bumpers once I'm settled, any chance you plan to do a front winch capable bumper?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts