Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
A little late to this party, but happy to be among the attendance now.

I have to say that RoXterra's roof rack is easily the best out there. I originally had a "universal" one and lemme tell you how much of a lie that sales term is; I spent a few hours retrofitting it to work with my Second Gen X. Even after it was all said and done it never really got the job done...That's when I ran into RoXterra here. Found him on eBay and bought his stock X-pro's roof lights. Chatted in email and then was introduced to a man that had figured it out. I saw the rack and wanted it instantly. I know I took a bit to commit due to some life events, but when I went full send...the process was quick, professional, and totally worth it. This is a rack that exceeds anything stock by Nissan and anything else out there on the market. I say this not just for XTERRAs but I've never seen a more uselful rack for the roof of any SUV.

Aside from its spot on usefulness and adaptive layout, I do have to say that the design and look is a perfect addition to my X's theme; I'm a sucker for black and neutral silver. I tend to call her my ViXTERRA...a true silver vixen in my life.

I sadly didn't think to take a picture the few times I've hauled something but damn did it do it's job. I'm moving in January and I'll be sure to see this rack pushed to it's true potential and take better images!

A big thanks and respect to you Roxterra!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you Kyle for a great review, I use my roof rack often, and i wouldn't it trade for other options either. Gen1 people have been asking for them too.

Your X sure looks classy and clean.
If you do a lot of highway miles, the tip of your hood may catch gravel and chip your paint. I had the plastic hood protector from Nissan since day 1 on both of my Xterras, it looks great too.

(when my X was new)
View attachment 131179
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Great suggestion! My old X had one but I guess I just forgot about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts