Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I was in the market for a rack and stumbled across roXterra's on this forum. A quick discussion with Robert sealed the deal for me. I went with the aluminum lowrider rack and am more than pleased with it!

A quick before and after. (Added 285s too)

I needed the rack somewhat quickly in time for a hunting trip. I asked Robert if he could expedite the fabrication and he agreed. I sent payment on July 29th and the rack was here for pick up on August 17th! Robert maintained constant communication throughout the transaction. A+ customer service. Highly recommend Robert and any of his products!

Hopefully I'll have a picture to post of me hauling a nice set of elk antlers on the rack from Wyoming all the way back to Mississippi!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got back from a ~3,600 mile elk hunting trip. Somehow I managed to fit all my gear without using the rack for the commute out there and back, but the rack came in EXTREMELY useful while actually out hunting/camping. I neglected to get many action shots of the rack doing its work, but here's a couple with ~75lbs of double bagged elk meat (meat itself in game bags, then wrapped in contractor bags to keep dust off). The first meat haul had 2 elk hindquarters on the rack for a total of ~120lbs.

The rack was used a lot for throwing garbage bags, dirty gear, etc. on top to try and keep the interior cleaner.

Love the rack and others do as well! I've lost count of how many compliments and questions I've gotten about it. A few more shots from the trip.

Leave it to me to get stuck in drought/red flag fire conditions! Learned my lesson...If you see a wet spot out there during a drought, avoid at all costs!!

Thanks again to roxterra for such an awesome product!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Question about the hitch rack and all that weight you carried on it. Were you hitting the bump stops or do you use airbags on the rear? I used a hitch rack for camping a few weeks ago and was bottoming out on the bump stops a lot! Almost made it scary to drive it. Had one cooler and 10gal of water back there.
I hit bump stops a few times while on the washboard roads but it wasn't an issue. I rarely could travel over 20mph due to road conditions. On the highway, the hitch rack was fine. Had ~250lbs or so on it. My stock leaf springs are still in decent shape, that may have something to do with it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's a great photo with snow, where is that exactly?

Thanks for the review Nathan, I am happy to see the rack used in different ways, but it looks great empty too : )
Awesome that it turned heads!
Were the comments from other Xterra people or non-Xterra ones too?

Snow pic is Wyoming. Fortunately we didn't get the foot of snow another part of the state got! Comments were from other SUVs and trucks, didn't talk to any Xterra owners. Everyone just loved how it sits flush with the expanded metal bottom. There is a definitely a larger market out there to tap into with this design! Glad to see the nationwide distribution of the racks. Keep it up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts