Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
193 Posts
I'll follow up here too - I received my roXterra rack earlier this week and let me tell you that it is awesome! To start, the packaging was bulletproof. The whole thing bolted up easily even when I had to re-install it after Robert informed me that I forgot the rubber dampening strips - whoops! Finally, it looks awesome and compliments the truck and my new gobi ladder so well. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a fantastic rack from a really awesome fabricator.

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
193 Posts
I'm looking into a weatherproof case to put in my roxterra rack for added dry storage - has anyone already found something that fits exceptionally well? Thinking something like a pelican case or the like to put stuff like sleeping bags, pads and maybe the tent. Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
193 Posts
Some people used this 145L, 33x22x17 inch, it's waterproof
You get enough room on Lowrider for its 33" width, but on Slim you would be 3 inches over, so stay around 28 inches with Slim (but you can always turn it, you get 49 inches of length).

Others use Plano 30x14.25x12.75 case (should barely squeeze into the room on a Slim).
From Bass Pro Shop. I couldn't find it on their website.

Thanks, Robert! I grabbed one of these the other day.

Going to see if it's useful at all and if it is I'll buy a second one that I think I'll be able to put back to back - meaning one opens up on drivers side and other opens up on passenger side.

I'll update the thread with how that goes.

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
193 Posts
Thanks to another member who hooked me up with some amazing brackets, I got an awning mounted alongside my lowrider rack this week. Really happy with the look!

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
193 Posts
@BKCTX what brackets are those? Will be useful to others!
They are custom brackets that were designed and built by a former member, @brett. His build is detailed here. They're made from Yakima X-Tower mounts and some aluminum bar that he drilled to spec. I had seen his build and thought that the design of these had the best chance of fitting with the rack. So I reached out to him in the off chance he still checked this account and I got lucky!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts