Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Impact driver, used often

trash bag on the bottom (Molle attached too) and maybe second trash bag. 2015 model has the big bump with safety something, limiting Molle size.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
172 Posts
Received my rear driver side molle panel today and got it installed within an hour or two. Added that plus a molle thing for behind the driver seat to maximize storage since we regularly sleep in the back.

Install was kind of a pain in the ass and I enjoyed absolutely no part of it, which is why I only used the bottom two L-brackets. Still seems plenty sturdy and it's not touching the trim anywhere so I'll load it up and drive with it and see if any additional brackets or adjustments are needed.

20210406_004801050_iOS.jpg

Here's everything installed with my sleep setup ready to rock and roll again. My storage shelf does overlap the molle a bit, but there should be enough room for a smaller molle pouch to hang from the bottom and as long as the top zipper of that pouch is even with my storage shelf then it should still be usuable.

Thanks, Roxterra! I'll consider door molle's in the future and if I had the cash for a drop-in roof rack then I would have started with that in a heartbeat!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Thank you Randy!
I think switching to Jack Nuts may help the install, bottom 2 are hardest, sides are easier, but many have stopped at just using bottom 2 attachments, they find it enough.

or a nail gun like attachment to sandwich plastic to steel piece, but then it’s permanent and you need that $200 machine

lots of Molles on the back of your seat

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
172 Posts
Figured I'd drop a quick update of how I'm utilizing my molle now. Added a couple quick fists up top (the left one is mounted with a #10 bolt going thru the right side of the letter "o" in roXterra. Quick fists will be used for hatchet, shovel, and trekking poles primarily.

I ended up adding another bracket so my molle panel is now mounted with the 2 bottom brackets and then one bracket in the top left and now it's rock solid. Also just added one small strip of the fuzzy side of velco to the top metal clip that it hangs from to eliminate any potential rattle there.

Super satisfied with the molle panel and this setup. Thanks again, @roXterra!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Thank you @SmellyRandy !
That shovel would do for ice and snow....and mud? All in one? I carry a collapsible stem snow shovel (had to use it many times)... it has a wider bucket for more volume.

if your pouches get a little saggy, there are left to right slits which allow Velcro belt tightening... I use them for ropes which would otherwise flap, but big pouches would benefit too. Home Depot has 36” tapering ones with a slit for tightening it onto itself.

let me know anywhere else a Molle panel would work!

I was slow to adopt to door panels, but after @JD’s X photos I am now at door #3 with install (about a week apart each time).

I would not put a power tool up on a window Molle (room, safety, etc) but on rear door, no problem. And on actual trips that’s a very useful temp pouch for keys, glasses, anything.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I like my aluminum colored panels but that black sure looks super in pictures!

Mine were the very first 2 made, and cut by plasma CNC machine.... now it’s laser cut and the plasma typical starting cuts (imperfections) are not there. Plus there is so much heat from plasma cutter, you have to jump around when cutting, or the Molle warps due to extreme heat) And afterwards both sides need to be grinded to look proper.... it’s a lot simpler with a laser, but not all lasers are the same, all have their quirks, sometimes too fast can lead to issues too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got a set of the prototype for the rear. I bought some pouches on Amazon and installed them the other day and they fit perfectly.
the panels were really easy to install with the screws, spacers and tool that I got from roxterra. I only ruined three or four of the jack nuts due to me over tightening it. I ended up having to order some more and figured I would add more to the panel just because I had them but with 5 each they were plenty stable. I’ve had the panels on for about a month now and about 2 weeks loaded with random stuff my kids throw in there. No sagging or rattling. Definitely would recommend if you need some extra storage in the back

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here’s some with the pouches I chose to go with. They work great as my kids junk/device holders and I use the zippered one for my dogs supplies and treats. At first I was worried about packing them and not being able to close the door without forcing it, but they fit perfectly into seat recess without any issues

61 - 71 of 71 Posts