·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
To clarify.....
this is the last of the flawed ones

...and flawed ones are gone

The regular ones are available and will be....... $85

If you want your own logo there instead, that's $20 extra. Your name, phrase, up to 10 letters, maybe 12 if it's a little smaller.

New ones are made about weekly, 2 are ready to go right at this instance...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have no issue with the extinguisher in city or highway. I plan to put a velcro lash on it before heading out to the forrest roads.

I have a panel on both windows. My main reason for the panels is to keep my dog's nose off my window tint. She loves painting my windows with her nose.

I used 5 brackets on each molle screwing into the plastic only. They are rock solid for now. I can rock the car pulling on the panels. If they loosen up later, I'll take the interior panels down and reinstall them.

I'll post pictures down the road when I figure out how I want to use the new real estate.

·
on line
302 Posts
I've looked through both of these molle panel threads and didn't find an answer to this question. Is there a weight rating for these panels? Or even a suggested max weight for the brackets? I was just thinking along the lines of putting some molle bags with basic tools in them, and I like the fire extinguisher there, but don't want to overload it.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
15 lb load should be fine. A little more too. Initially I thought about putting power tools there but it’s not practical (and steal me advertisement) and all the other small things take up the room already.
Just anchor with all 6 brackets so Molle doesn’t vibrate with weight. For small items others went with just 2 bottom attachments but with more weight anchor all sides.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Unofficially 30 lb.
15 lb is just a conservative suggestion, the weakest points are the plastic but with steel anchor tabs (included) it’s ok.

The metal tabs (actual Molle cutouts) are overkill for 15lb, even hand bendable thin steel would anchor ok. These solid pieces distribute the stress in plastic.

You would be the weight pioneer but I would do it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I recently purchased a molle panel for the driver side of my Xterra. A+ communication from @roXterra and would one hundred percent buy from him again. He answered all of my questions quickly, explained some design questions I had and sent out the package promptly with tracking. I did have a slight snafu with monkeys at Fedex who decided to bend the panel but I was able to bend it back and paint it and install (nothing that could have been done to prevent this).

Fit and finish is fantastic and roxterra provided plenty of brackets to support the panel. Install was pretty painless. I have opted for two brackets initially but will likely add two more in the top corners to prevent any wobble that might occur.

Cheers and thanks for supporting the Xterra community!
Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive window part

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quick update. I put about 80 miles of forest roads on the car last weekend. I had no issues with the panels. I did have a couple other things rattle loose on me. 100% happy with the panels.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Tighten bottom L brackets to Molle, align with plastic, mark both holes.
Remove Molle, drill plastic, drill metal tabs with the same hole spacing.
Drive self tapping screw first through the metal tab before it goes behind plastic, to have right sized hole (easier to deal with when it will be behind plastic trim).

Self tapping screw through L bracket, through plastic (pull on the plastic a bit, insert metal behind it), find the hole in metal tab with the tip of the self tapping screw, then the other next to it.

by pulling a lot, he plastic trim will pop out more (you may have to pop out the pillar plastic first), but usually you can just get your fingers and tab behind there without popping it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the quick response roXterra! I got it installed and love it, feels solid. Prying back the plastic and lining up the holes was tough with my huge fingers but I got it ..... and I only lost one metal backer behind the trim;)

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
There is a telescopic arm with a magnet at AutoZone.... if recovery was important.
I bought a big 2 inch magnet recently with 45 lb advertised strength (feels like it), that would slam agains sheet metal if used for recovery like this :)

Which color did you paint yours?

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
We are considering laser cutting them instead of plasma cutting, would that make a difference to anyone?

Someone was interested in a Molle for front door, I think it would interfere with my knee room, but would anyone else like a Molle there too?

Where the Molles have gone this year.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
First Gen 2000-2004 Molles are just around the corner.
Totally different shape of the Molle, but there is a hook spot on the First Gen, in the right spot, on each side...

Plastic "hooks" which don't seem strong enough, but Gen2 hooks fit perfectly into the spots for Gen1, even the bolts fit.

Gen2 Molles still available too...

·
Registered
2013 Nissan Xterra pro 4 x Lava Red
128 Posts
Hey just seen these available! awesome. Would love a couple. Did you get any for the side panels/doors drafted out yet?

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Art of the day
X was colored in Photoshop. The tabs would normally be cut out as part of the cutting process, but as it happened they were accidentally left in

Regular Molle with roXterra text...... $95
With Custom text/logo............ $125

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Gen1 Molles now available too -- there has been interest.
Needs Gen2 hook (pictured below), I have some at $10 each.
Gen1 only has a plastic piece in place of the metal hook, but the housing insert and the bolt are the same... you just need the metal hook part pictured below from Gen2.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x (Super Black)
97 Posts
@Knightak22, I will send you a PM about current Molles.

Only 1 person was interested in front ones, and he didn’t provide details, can you identify the spots where you would like Molles?

And which year is yours too, doors changed a bit after 2010. Picture would help too, here or at [email protected]
Add me as interested in the molle panels for front doors! I’ve got a 2014.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Front doors.... 2010-2015.... ok that one will be next.

The last 2 were for a 4Runner Gen 3 (1996-2002) (almost double of Gen2 X), and Subaru Forester 2019-2021 (half of Gen2 X)

-------------------

I have 10 of Gen2 Xterra and 5 of Gen1 Xterra Molles right now, laser cut (they come in a group, laser cuts a 5x10 ft sheet).

I have been painting them too lately for extra $. Sanded, self etching primed, primed, then painted. Black, metallic dark gray, gunmetal gray, aluminum gray.

Still $95 each for bare metal (Gen2 or Gen1). 14 gauge cold rolled steel, weighs 4.2 lb

Sanded top and painted back in the picture.

Hardware tabs now have laser holes pre-driled for self tapping screws. 2 for bottom, 1 for sides. Use just bottom 2, or all 6.
Nutserts installed,so you just run a stainless screw to hold

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x (Super Black)
97 Posts
Does price include shipping? How much do the painted ones run now?

21 - 40 of 76 Posts