Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rear side window Molle for Xterra
Price and more pictures at www.roXterra.com
14 gauge cold rolled steel, weighs 4 lb -- sand it and paint it yourself -- fits drivers side (label faces inside) or passenger side (label faces outside)

includes 6 L brackets shown, outer hole has nutsert installed
6 bolts screw into the above nutserts
8 self tapping screws - 2 each in bottom L brackets, 1 in each of the side ones
6 1x1.5 inch steel cutouts for placing on the other side of the plastic to form a strong anchor

Version 1.0 in use (without side mounts) -- sample use

History of the Molle, installation tips at the end...

Hardware included

·
on line
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
1,081 Posts
Received the molle and all hardware today as promised. Quality and finish is great. Just need to get it prepped and installed.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is anyone on the fence of getting one? Would $10 make a difference?
I have a couple that the text got a little "off" so it's not as perfect as the above. Even if horrible (which it's not), it could be covered by a sticker/gear...
Send me a personal image if you're ready to get one, the imperfect ones won't last long. Same everything as above otherwise, side mount holes, hardware.

·
on line
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
1,081 Posts
Sanded, cleaned it up with some lacquer thinner, and painted with rustoleum hammered. Hopeful to get it installed this next week.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The 4 Molles with faults in the text.
All will be shiny as above, just the text will be a little different. In the first and last the R does not have the cutout of the top, in the third the R cutout is a bit too much...

$70 each, includes shipping, includes hardware (L brackets, bolts, nutserts installed)
These look different because they still have the "milling layer" of new steel on them, that will be taken off and made look the same as the Molle up top... shiny and smooth

·
on line
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
1,081 Posts
Got my Molle bags from Amazon today:

I put all the dog items and some other miscellaneous items in them. Future plans are to add a magnetic paper towel holder, etc...

Very satisfied, thanks @roXterra

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The last of the Molles with an issue, the logo spacing/letters a little off and X runs into a hole
Same hardware as above, nutserts, bolts, etc... $70, ready to go

regular ones are ready too, $80 with hardware

·
Registered
237 Posts
Got mine test fitted, took the double nut lbracket attached to single nut l bracket, bent the double nut bracket to create a hook, wrapped in electrical tape for the time being. i slid under the hook under the plastic, will probably add some foam against window and drive a few days to see if it makes sound. Then pull apart prep and paint.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great idea there, avoiding drilling the plastic!

Is this Molle from today Nickel brushed? Painted?
It’s just 60 grit rotary sander sanded....takes away the shine, smoothes all, ready for painting! (Original behind it...you want to sand any metal before painting)

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I still have this Molle with X running into the dot, considered a flaw hence lower priced. Also the lettering is a bit off but in a cool unique way!....... $70 shipped, includes mounting 6 L brackets, nutserts, screws.
or for $10 more I can be talked into spraying it dark metallic gray, gunmetal gray, flat black or semi-gloss black

1 - 20 of 72 Posts