Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

341 - 353 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Titan Pro-4X. It sounds like this plug and play harness will work for me too. I’d like one if that’s true.

·
on line
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
I have a 2018 Titan Pro-4X. It sounds like this plug and play harness will work for me too. I’d like one if that’s true.
Hey There

Unfortunately, the Gen II Titan and this version of the pigtail are not compatible. The connectors are different and Gen II Titans rely heavily on CAN BUSS for locker operation and indication, whereas our operation and indication is electro-mechanical. Gen I Titans can use this, our wiring and connectors are the same. I developed a Gen II Titan basic wiring mod to give direct control to the switch, but you do lose your dash indicator, which some folks don't seam to care about. One could wire in a separate indicator.

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6spd
79 Posts
Thanks rm975. Just did the mod. Very easy. Think I did it under a minute.

Tested by just jacking up 1 rear wheel. Turned key to ON. Didn't start. Checked lifted wheel by free spinning. Hit the diff switch, light illuminated instantly. Check wheel and was locked. Turned off switch, light was still on. Checked wheel and it free spun. Looked at dash and diff light was out.

Now to hopefully test this weekend. If I don't have to go in for overtime. Some fish/camping

Thanks again Ryan.

341 - 353 of 353 Posts