Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

321 - 340 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
FOR THE WIRING MOD.....

You will need to access the Wiring Harness at the Differential Lock Control Unit (DLCU). It may be easier to do this by removing the Driver-side Door Seal and the Knee Knocker Panel under the Steering Column.

Perform the changes on This Schematic. Operating Instructions and Warnings are on the Schematic.

It allows anytime engagement of the factory installed M226 eLocker in 2HI and 4HI, without the 4 mph limit, without the associated warning lights, extra switches, and extra wiring of the 2005 Off Road Magazine / "Austin Mod". You will still use your factor Diff Lock switch and have indication on your factory Diff Lock indicator.

FOR THE PLUG N PLAY MOD.....

It installs in under two minutes, or as fast as thirty seconds (per some reviews).

It consists of locating the Differential Lock Control Unit (DLCU), near the hood release on Xterra's and Frontier's, near the rear bulkhead near the jack on 2nd gen Titans (not compatible with diesel Titans), unplugging the factory wiring harness from the DLCU, plugging this unit into the DLCU, and plugging the factory harness back into the included unit. Included instructions here.

This modification gives you the ability to lock the rear differential anytime as with with ARB Air Locker and Eaton E Locker. If you are uncertain about when to lock the differential, refer to the factory parameters of 4LO and under 5 MPH.

ENGAGING THE LOCKER UNDER THE WRONG CIRCUMSTANCES CAN LEAD TO DRIVE TRAIN DAMAGE

The price is $130, shipping included in price to lower 48, USPS Priority Class, including tracking information.
Where can I get this adaptor for the plug and play version? The blinking e locker is frustrating

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Where can I get this adaptor for the plug and play version? The blinking e locker is frustrating
In this thread. Just post that you're looking to order one and RM975 will work out details for payment/shipping.

·
on line
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
I am PM'ing with him. I'd like for him to get the problem sorted out first, as the bypass harness may not address what is worng. In some cases it could, but I don't want him to buy it and not address his issue.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I am PM'ing with him. I'd like for him to get the problem sorted out first, as the bypass harness may not address what is worng. In some cases it could, but I don't want him to buy it and not address his issue.
Oh, I didn't even pay attention to the fact he had a problem. I'd be hesitant to sell until it's sorted out. You don't want to take the blame for something that might've already been bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah let explore that. I’m sending my Xterra in to get regeared next week so maybe when they clean that up they can take a look

·
Registered
1 Posts
FOR THE WIRING MOD.....

You will need to access the Wiring Harness at the Differential Lock Control Unit (DLCU). It may be easier to do this by removing the Driver-side Door Seal and the Knee Knocker Panel under the Steering Column.

Perform the changes on This Schematic. Operating Instructions and Warnings are on the Schematic.

It allows anytime engagement of the factory installed M226 eLocker in 2HI and 4HI, without the 4 mph limit, without the associated warning lights, extra switches, and extra wiring of the 2005 Off Road Magazine / "Austin Mod". You will still use your factor Diff Lock switch and have indication on your factory Diff Lock indicator.

FOR THE PLUG N PLAY MOD.....

It installs in under two minutes, or as fast as thirty seconds (per some reviews).

It consists of locating the Differential Lock Control Unit (DLCU), near the hood release on Xterra's and Frontier's, near the rear bulkhead near the jack on 2nd gen Titans (not compatible with diesel Titans), unplugging the factory wiring harness from the DLCU, plugging this unit into the DLCU, and plugging the factory harness back into the included unit. Included instructions here.

This modification gives you the ability to lock the rear differential anytime as with with ARB Air Locker and Eaton E Locker. If you are uncertain about when to lock the differential, refer to the factory parameters of 4LO and under 5 MPH.

ENGAGING THE LOCKER UNDER THE WRONG CIRCUMSTANCES CAN LEAD TO DRIVE TRAIN DAMAGE

The price is $130, shipping included in price to lower 48, USPS Priority Class, including tracking information.
Sending PM
New to this site but don't get this forum thing too good.. I want to buy the plug n play adapter you have.
Sent pm to you, I think?

321 - 340 of 353 Posts