Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

301 - 320 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Item received in today’s mail. Installed in about 15 seconds. Too hot to test it, but I bet it works as advertised. That came WAY faster than expected!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
on line
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
For anyone following, we are getting caught up on the requests. Current lead time is two to three weeks plus shipping, but that is a worse case scenario and we are probably quicker than that.

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
1,007 Posts
Another satisfied customer. Excellence across the board and then some.

Thanks again for this. I swear the truck let out a little grunt of appreciation as I plugged it in.

Reactions: rm975

·
Registered
1 Posts
FOR THE WIRING MOD.....

You will need to access the Wiring Harness at the Differential Lock Control Unit (DLCU). It may be easier to do this by removing the Driver-side Door Seal and the Knee Knocker Panel under the Steering Column.

Perform the changes on This Schematic. Operating Instructions and Warnings are on the Schematic.

It allows anytime engagement of the factory installed M226 eLocker in 2HI and 4HI, without the 4 mph limit, without the associated warning lights, extra switches, and extra wiring of the 2005 Off Road Magazine / "Austin Mod". You will still use your factor Diff Lock switch and have indication on your factory Diff Lock indicator.

FOR THE PLUG N PLAY MOD.....

It installs in under two minutes, or as fast as thirty seconds (per some reviews).

It consists of locating the Differential Lock Control Unit (DLCU), near the hood release on Xterra's and Frontier's, near the rear bulkhead near the jack on gas Titans (not compatible with diesel Titans), unplugging the factory wiring harness from the DLCU, plugging this unit into the DLCU, and plugging the factory harness back into the included unit. Included instructions here.

This modification gives you the ability to lock the rear differential anytime as with with ARB Air Locker and Eaton E Locker. If you are uncertain about when to lock the differential, refer to the factory parameters of 4LO and under 5 MPH.

ENGAGING THE LOCKER UNDER THE WRONG CIRCUMSTANCES CAN LEAD TO DRIVE TRAIN DAMAGE

The price is $130, shipping included in price to lower 48, USPS Priority Class, including tracking information.

Units are built on demand. Current wait is 4-6 weeks. No pre purchase necessary to get on the waiting list. I will notify you for payment when I have a unit for you, ready to go.

THE LIST
Can i get on the list please?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
For any of you thinking about this, I do not know how many he might have but mine was shipped next day after I ordered, so if you need instant gratification, drop him a PM and see if he is still caught up. :D

301 - 320 of 353 Posts