Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I have a 2012 pro-4x frontier, and would love to get this working. I just spent a few days on some very sandy trails, and boy this would have come in handy. I’m assuming our vehicles use the same electronics.

Do you have a link to the pins and crimper as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
on line
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Hi, I have a 2012 pro-4x frontier, and would love to get this working. I just spent a few days on some very sandy trails, and boy this would have come in handy. I’m assuming our vehicles use the same electronics.

Do you have a link to the pins and crimper as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct, even the gas Titans have the same wiring.

The pin part numbers are in the data sheet for the plug, found in the link. I don't have data on the crimpers. They're $1200 IIRC and I have a set of aviation crimpers that work. You'll need 4 of the big pins but they only come in increments of 100. I would highly consider just doing the wiring mod instead of building one of these.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Received mine in the mail yesterday evening. Installed it (took about 3 minutes, most of that to contort my body into the proper position to see the connectors!) and it works exactly as it should. This is a mod I'd always wanted to do, and I'm not big on mods. If anyone's on the fence on this the cost is well worth it over having to cut your harness, if you ask me. Lend your truck to someone and it's easily reversible, not that I'd recommend swapping it in and out often but it's easy to do. Thanks so much for stepping up here rm975! Very valuable contribution.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Hey rm975.. I was supposed to be on the list from post #240. I don't see it on the spreadsheet. Please update. Thanks for doing this!

·
on line
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Hey rm975.. I was supposed to be on the list from post #240. I don't see it on the spreadsheet. Please update. Thanks for doing this!
Hey there! I apologize, I see your entry. I've indexed you whereabouts you would have been, instead of dumping you at the end of the list.

·
on line
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
To be fair

Since @ManualX posted the part numbers to the off the shelf connectors, one of the first five prototypes was designated for him, free. Now if I could only get him to give me an address..........

241 - 260 of 273 Posts