Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

221 - 240 of 273 Posts

·
on line
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
The unit pictured drove away with @CAchief this afternoon. I handed it over and went through some rudimentary instruction on where the DLCU is. He snapped the unit in, in maybe 30 seconds time. I then jacked up his rear left tire just to do the demo and show him what a delayed lock due to misalignment and delayed unlock due to binding looked like.

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
777 Posts
The unit pictured drove away with @CAchief this afternoon. I handed it over and went through some rudimentary instruction on where the DLCU is. He snapped the unit in, in maybe 30 seconds time. I then jacked up his rear left tire just to do the demo and show him what a delayed lock due to misalignment and delayed unlock due to binding looked like.
Works like a charm guys, dude knows his stuff. Put it through the paces in @rm975's garage, and tested it again on his dirt road driving off the property.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I’m driving down the coast when this man calls my name well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
on line
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Prototype #2 ready to go out the door. This one went faster, I have a better prep method for the socket and a better method for pinning it out with my meter when I test it on the bench. I decided to try out a taped end finish. I like the finished ends but I don't like the electrical tape look. Also, this one was assembled with varying wire lengths to give it the 180 turn, which helps keep the rest of the harness up under the panel. Also, now that I am finished with hay harvest prep, I can give this project a little more time.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Wow can't believe this thread is still going! I read though all the pages and still not very certain about something. So with this harness, am I still able to use the factory Locker button or do I need a separate button to engage/disengage the lockers? If it retains the factory Locker button, please put me on the list as well! If it matters, I have a 2014 Pro-4X.

And also, when is the Plug n Play meet at your compound and is it Potluck style cuz I'm bringing mom's spaghetti LOL :p

·
on line
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Wow can't believe this thread is still going! I read though all the pages and still not very certain about something. So with this harness, am I still able to use the factory Locker button or do I need a separate button to engage/disengage the lockers? If it retains the factory Locker button, please put me on the list as well! If it matters, I have a 2014 Pro-4X.

And also, when is the Plug n Play meet at your compound and is it Potluck style cuz I'm bringing mom's spaghetti LOL :p
LOL

Uses factory switch and indicator. Installs in about 30 seconds. That's it.

You're on the list.

221 - 240 of 273 Posts