Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom got an embroidery machine for Christmas and has been going crazy with it. She made me some towels with an xterra on them and various other emblems for different things.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting some X towels or other embroidered items. She could do thenewx.org or other logos possibly.

Here is what my towels look like:

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Is that a copyright logo? It's just some image off google that didn't appear to belong to any company or anything
Anything created is defacto copyrighted to its creator, whether it's an image, music, or words. Every "image off google" was created by someone, somewhere, sometime - Xterra silhouettes don't just magically pop into existence. Just because it doesn't have a copyright mark on it doesn't mean it's not copyrighterd.

In some cases it's okay to duplicate for personal and educational use, but it is illegal (and immoral!) to make money off of other peoples' work without their consent, especially if that content was created for profit in the first place - that's theft! Last summer I commissioned some custom decals made of some aftermarket vendors' logos, and the signmaker needed written permission from those vendors in order to proceed.

This image looks like one designed by GPD605X in this thread: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59208&page=3

Creepy over at Graveyard Graphics has a similar one - it's used in many of his decal designs. I would contact both before moving forward. Maybe you could even work with them on getting these products made - since he has the vector files anyway, all you need to do is find an embroiderer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts