Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I make awning mounts for the factory roof rack. They are cnc machined from 6061 aluminum. They can accept any awning as long as it uses a t-track mount plate with t-track spacing up to 2.5”. This covers smittybuilt, ARB, CVT, and even the Foxwing 270 degree awnings.

They also have a hole that accepts the 10-24 mount screw for quickfist clamps if you want to mount a shovel or other tool to your rack.

Price is $100 shipped for a set with stainless hardware. I don’t provide hardware to mount the awning to the mounts as awnings vary and most options come with lots of hardware that can be used.

If you are interested or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me on here.

They can also be used to mount a custom roof basket to the factory rails

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Xterra Offroad
59 Posts
Hey cblaxx, are you still making/offering these? I already have an ARB awning and will need to mount it to my new Xterra. Looks like my only option other than this is the Fourtreks, for basically the same price and I'd rather have these than the brushed silver ones. Let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
...I already have an ARB awning and will need to mount it to my new Xterra. Looks like my only option other than this is the Fourtreks...
I hope he is still making them, but he hasn't posted in five months, so it's hard to say.

There are far more than two options to mount an awning, you just need to get a little creative. Here's how mine is mounted:

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Xterra Offroad
59 Posts
I hope he is still making them, but he hasn't posted in five months, so it's hard to say.

There are far more than two options to mount an awning, you just need to get a little creative. Here's how mine is mounted:

Thanks. So your setup seems dependent on having a crossbar at each mounting point, is that correct? I've looked a couple options and considering trying the muffler clamp and L-bracket route. But I may just get the Garvin or Fourtreks ones so I don't need to deal with finding a machinist to drill the holes I'll need in an L-bracket.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Thanks. So your setup seems dependent on having a crossbar at each mounting point, is that correct? I've looked a couple options and considering trying the muffler clamp and L-bracket route. But I may just get the Garvin or Fourtreks ones so I don't need to deal with finding a machinist to drill the holes I'll need in an L-bracket.
If @cblaxx19 is still making these I don't want to clutter his sale thread and go off topic, but see below for an answer to your quesion.

Not necessarily, there's always more than one way to do something. When my crossbar locations haven't matched up to where my awning brackets were, or when I have them mounted under the rails, I have used a clamp with a short length of strut instead.

This doesn't look as clean from up top, but standing next to it you can't see it, so it doesn't matter to me.

As far as drilling a few holes in a metal bracket... you definitely don't need to find a machinist. A $30 corded drill and a drill bit will get that done easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts