Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally obtained my dream of moving to AZ, it was between Phoenix and Tucson, and my job offered me Tucson first. We'll be coming from Littleton Colorado. I'm really excited to explore the Sonoran Desert! I can finally ditch the 265's in favor of some 255 Cooper STT Maxx's as I won't be concerned with the slick winter driving, and no longer have to drive a thousand miles to visit family in CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
TNX Senior Member / (NORAC) Club Moderator
389 Posts
Get in touch with AZXC (Arizona Xterra Club). Great group of Xterra and Frontier owners in AZ. You can reach out to them at Arizona All Nissan Club - Index

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did the opposite a few years ago, spent 8 yrs in Sierra Vista, about an hour south of Tucson before moving to Colorado. We liked it but damn that heat can get to you after awhile.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just curious.... why is AZ your dream? It seems too hot, flat, dry, etc.

Altough I do love Flagstaff and Sedona, but those are outliers. Also cactuses are neat.
Hot weather, cacti, palm trees, close to California (beach and family) without actually living in CA, lots of desolate land to get lost in, still have mountains not too far away, canyons as well, can choose if I want to see snow or not. Those are just a few things, off the top of my head.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to AZ! You're going to love it out here. Year round off roading, (just make sure to pack according) endless trails to explore. Best of all, no salt on the roads to eat up your ride!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to AZ! You're going to love out here. Year road off roading, (just make sure the pack according) endless trails explore. Best of all no salt on the roads to east up your ride!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Very excited about all of it! I love the desert, grew up on the plains, which very much mimics the desert in many ways, especially the heat and critters, but most importantly the wide open space. I've felt claustrophobic living in the Denver metro area the last 15 years.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just returned from Tucson on Tuesday, getting housing squared away and looking around. I had passed through previously, but didn't really have a chance to look around, if you haven't been to Tucson, it's really not what people (who have been) make it out to be, sure it is hot (in the summer), and it is dry (so is Colorado), but flat? Hardly! Tucson sits in a valley, surrounded by mountain ranges (Denver isn't surrounded), and the vegetation is like nothing I've ever seen (saguaro's are amazing). My wife was skeptical at first, having lived in Vegas for 5 years, but she agrees, Tucson is beautiful compared to the Mojave desert she knew.

·
Registered
25 Posts
little late.. welcome to tucson, im hear I10 and Wilmot. would like to meet other Xterra owners and do some trails and general car work. Send me a message.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Just curious.... why is AZ your dream? It seems too hot, flat, dry, etc.

Altough I do love Flagstaff and Sedona, but those are outliers. Also cactuses are neat.
“I think you are another of these desert-loving English. No Arab loves the desert. We love water and green trees. There is nothing in the desert and no man needs nothing."
from a movie

I lived in the flats, then I lived in Arizona for 4 years. Left for Colorado for 4 years, missed Arizona. Came back for 12 years. Feels home. Missing Colorado a little but not to live, just visit.

Why.
Sun, moderated exposure, aka shade. Monsoon season, rare snow (feels special). Warm.... hot... not for everyone. Sun kills, use in moderation.

not even Arizona 😀. Death Valley, California.

April colors (Ocotillo tips)

water, in a few places

even snow... every 10 years... in this amount, at this specific spot. Gone by 10am, totally. Not to be seen except for next year in much lesser amount.

open spaces, not over populated, unique camping spots without company.
Temporary solitude, not far from civilization.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts