Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Xoskel Mouth Bar today and it has no instructions. I'm not nearly as skilled as 90% of you guys on the site, which is why I ask you all such dumb questions half the time haha. I work in healthcare, my mechanical skills are less than enough to brag about. Anyways....

So how do I install this thing. What does it attach to and how exactly??

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
This is the Xoskel mouth bracket right? I never got to install one as I switched to a shrock but the few times I have dealt with Fangars he has been awesome. I'd first try and PM him and see if maybe he could email you some instructions or something.

As far as DIY though, shouldn't be hard at all, I haven't had the stock set up to look at for a while so I can't remember but it should be just a couple bolts on either side or something.

·
Registered
331 Posts
x2 that Fangers is good to deal with. Bought the Lo-Pro light cage and the Lo-Pro light bar (rear) from him. I agree, PM him and he will get it all straightened out.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I got my Xoskel Mouth Bar today and it has no instructions. I'm not nearly as skilled as 90% of you guys on the site, which is why I ask you all such dumb questions half the time haha. I work in healthcare, my mechanical skills are less than enough to brag about. Anyways....

So how do I install this thing. What does it attach to and how exactly??
The best thing to do is take the bracket walk out to your X. You know the area its suppose to go too, so just hold it up there and see if there are a few bolts that would line up. You can also search on this forum for pictures of this bracket installed. so you can figure out the orientation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The installation varies upon the year of the truck. On my install for a 2011 X, there was a single bolt near the center of the radiator. Older 1st Gen models have two bolts that attached on each side. There might be youtube videos of the install. check below in the Xoskel section of the forum for more install pictures.

Older model images: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fangars/sets/72157618223971409/

I did mine without taking the grill off, simply loosened it up top.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
definitely. there should be plenty of reference on the site, too. The mouth bar itself, the install is easy and should make sense once you see those pics of it.

Dare I ask, how are your electrical skills? better than your mechanical skills, I hope ;).

not to be an old grump, but electrical fires are no joke. and seems to me the proper install of four lights is slightly more complicated than the bar install itself. don't be afraid to ask questions and search for answers.

old man jude :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll PM Fangars in a bit then. Thanks guys :)

Dare I ask, how are your electrical skills? better than your mechanical skills, I hope
No you shouldn't dare. I'd be afraid of setting the X on fire. I have no skill there. I'm going to enlist my Dad to help. The old man didn't pass down his gene for mechanical apitude lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts