Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a winch mount available for the X that uses the factory bumper? Like this one for the FJ.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I know Black Panther was planning on making something, but then he fell off the earth.

I am not sure there is really much room behind the stock bumper to mount something like that.

You might be able to come up with something where as you remove the stock steel bumper and make a 2" receiver hitch that sticks out of the front of the bumper. You could then use something like the Warn xd9000i portable

·
on line
807 Posts
I know someone has done it on clubfrontier, you might want to try a search over there. It was a long time ago though, so it might be hard to dig up.

·
on line
896 Posts
the only bad thing I could think of that would be if you got in a wreck, the stock steel bumper wouldn't hold up, then, if the wreck was bad enough, you're out a bumper AND winch

·
on line
1,479 Posts
someone did one in this forum a while back do a search you will find it

·
on line
2,077 Posts
it is possible, i measured once behind the factory bumper and there is plenty of room to mount a smaller housing winch like the ramsey rep 8.5......my fear would be as contenderv07 mentioned....damage in an accident.

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I was just hoping for something i could buy. I do not have time or tools to fab it myself.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
dang Seel's. great linky..

Wonder how it looks on the x... if its sits too low, to dig into the ground or not..

might be a poor mans set up, with winch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts