Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
on line
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched all over the internet, cant seem to find a way. I want to mount two nice big round Hellas or PIAAs on the front of my new 2006 Xterrra, about the same height as the shrockworks bumper has them mounted. I dont want to go with a shrockworks bumper at his point, but I do like the way the lights look on them in the front. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I know some guys just drill holes into the bumper, I was looking for a small solid mount, or a small bar, pushbar to mount them to. Thanks!

·
on line
268 Posts
Same one I have, cept my "skid" plate is black and I have hella's mounted on mine. Decent bar, expect to loose some ground clearance and approach angle with it though.

I got mine off this guy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bull...ryZ33645QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
available in black or chrome.

Might also consider a safari bar if you can find one for a new X.

Here's pic of mine:
http://picasaweb.google.com/nimnifnof/Forums/photo?authkey=c6mmUuOnoLA#5049379985473772242
Don't mind the dirty truck and the bright reflection in the middle, that's my front license plate (required in tx) .:angry3: Will have to get a better pic during the day.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Like this???

If so, I was thinking of that also. I have to take my grill off and find out what kind of tab to put in there between the grill and the fascia. I don't want to have holes in my X if I ever trade it in. Not that I want to trade it, but I spent more time returning my last truck to as close to "stock" as I could, to trade it in for the X, as I had modding it.

·
on line
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats exactly what I'm talking about. Can I find out what the exact installation was in that picture, contact the owner of that truck? Thanks!

·
on line
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If anyone can identify the owner of that truck in the picture, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm thinking the lights (Hella 500's) are mounted on brackets coming thru the front grille?

·
on line
1,618 Posts
I found it here.
I would also like to find out who's X it is.
I've got some material in my shop, that I think I can use for a tab. I really don't want to drill into my grill so the whole is visible. All I want to mount is two lights. I don't want to mount a bull bar, or grill guard. I can't see removing the one recovery point I've got. Plus, if I'm going to hit something head-on it'll probably be a deer, moose, or a big snowdrift. I really don't want to compound the damage by adding a "damage multiplier." And i can't, right now, justify the cost of a shrock bumper.

·
on line
877 Posts
norshor said:
Like this???

If so, I was thinking of that also. I have to take my grill off and find out what kind of tab to put in there between the grill and the fascia. I don't want to have holes in my X if I ever trade it in. Not that I want to trade it, but I spent more time returning my last truck to as close to "stock" as I could, to trade it in for the X, as I had modding it.
i have to do this ....soon.

someone must have a HOW TO ..how hard could it really be though?

·
on line
259 Posts
had anyone seen yellow fogs like that before? I want them. That guy has a great light set up. I hope its not a magazine picture or something. I wonder if the fogs are stock, or if he just changed out the bulbs...

·
on line
25 Posts
Regarding that bullbar above - your can't fit big lights with is anyways. Max diameter you can fit on that unit is 5.5in. Most nice lights are bigger than that. I have that set up on my truck and can't fit any nice lights on it. I really like the grill set up, but wonder how sturdy it is. It seems that big lights will shake on it...

·
on line
631 Posts
X11 said:
had anyone seen yellow fogs like that before? I want them. That guy has a great light set up. I hope its not a magazine picture or something. I wonder if the fogs are stock, or if he just changed out the bulbs...
coulb be painted yellow with that spray can stuff. if it is bulbs, probably Nokya Bulbs. i have them in my xterra's driving lights now (aftermarket) and i painted the lens yellow. then i realized that they sell yellow fog lights lens....

·
on line
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How about the grille mounted fog lights, does anyone have any specifics on those, type, how they were mounted, etc.

Thanks

·
on line
187 Posts
2006fronty said:
this truck with the cool lights is ahnyoungboi3 on this forum, i believe he said he just painted the stock fogs yellow.
LOl... i feel so loved all of a sudden.....
im sorry i dont have any pictures of the how to
the lights are CATZ landmasters.....
they are a dual beam lamp, yellow fogs w/ a crazy angle almost 160DEGREES OR SO...and a driving light....
im waiting to get another set of landmasters 210mm soon, they look like the piaa 525
the lights are 2 seperate bulbs with 2 seperate reflector housings.....
my fogs are just painted yellow

i also have another pair of driving lights which are catz SMR? they are EXACT compared to STOCK......

i also have like 4 more sets of lights, but school started with A LOT OF ENG. classes, so no time......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts