Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since my build thread is going to get pretty crowded with posts from this project, I figured I would take some advice from chrishaynesusa, and make a TS build thread. :drink:

I'll be updating this throughout the next few months as I finish this up, I'll make sure to post pictures and keep everyone posted as this progresses.

Here's what I'll be using to make this happen:

Front:
(New)
Calmini Drop Bracket (just the front susp. components) -Calmini ORDERED: 10/31
Sway-A-Way Custom Length 2.5 Ext. Resi Coilovers -PRG
Custom/Homemade Boxed & Reinforced Stock LCA's -MOOG
New Heim Joints for Outer Steering -PRG or PolyPerformance
Sway-A-Way 2.0 Air Bumps -PRG

(Previously used parts)
PRG Titan UCA's
PRG Heim'd Outer Steering

Rear:
(New)
Spring Perches for SOA -Ballistic Fab
U-Bolts/Spring Plates -Ballistic Fab
Upper/Lower Shock Mounts Ballistic Fab
1" Lift Deaver Springs (only if I don't use my Alcans) -Oregon Spring
Sway-A-Way 2.5" 14" Travel Ext. Resi Double Bypass Rear Shocks -PRG
Custom length double cardan drive shaft -Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts's
Extended Stainless Steel Brake lines

(Previously Used Parts)
Possibly my 4.5" lift 450lb Alcan Springs(More like 1" over stock height) :scratch:
Timbren Bumps (for now, until I can afford SAW Air Bumps)

Wheels/Tires/Gearing:
Custom KMC Enduro Beadlocks ORDERED: 11/1
35x12.5r17 Nitto Trail Grappler's -America's Tire
BORA 2" Wheel Spacers -Motorsport Tech
Custom Hub Centric Rings -Motorsport Tech
4.56 Gears -Rugged Rocks

Sadly, the plans have changed. Priorities are being made priorities as they should be.. :crybaby:

I'm off to UNOH in Lima, OH, after I graduate next spring. I've been there the past few days(now back in Chicago for a few days) and I came to the realization that bypasses front and rear, shock hoops, longer coilovers, airbumps, (and whatever else I had brewing in my crazed mind) would be way overkill and totally impractical for the corn fields of the midwest. I've decided to just keep it simple, and to take the money I can save from not going "all out" and buy a car for a DD that I can bring down to school with me. I'm going to snag a lightly modded 240sx either and s13 or s14 and make it a "track-able" daily driver.

Someday when I live where I could actually use a setup like that again, then I'll probably put the time and money into the bypasses, bumps, etc... But with Ohio not having much to offer that's close to where I live, I won't be wheelin as much during the next few years. Between being a full time student and being in the middle of nowhere, I'll probably only make it out to a few wheeling events. (hopefully I'm wrong)

With all that said, here is a final list of what I'm going to be using to finish the thing off.

Yes, I said final list. I've made the decision that it's not worth putting every last penny I have into the X when I won't be able to use it like it should be used, so this is what I've settled on.

-Calmini Bracket lift (ordered)
-PRG UCA's (already using)
-SAW Ext. Resi'd Titan Drop Bracket Length C/O's
-PRG Heim'd Outer Steering (already using)
-Moog LCA's (I'll be boxing them myself, and reenforcing the shock mounts)

-Alcan Leaf Springs for SOA (already using)
-PRG Shackles (already using)
-SAW 2.5" Ext. Resi'd Shocks
(might still run them into the cargo area making a cargo rack)
-Air Bags (only when towing the drift missile)

-35's & 4.56's
-New wheels (ordered, currently being made)
-2" BORA wheel spacers
-Custom Hub Rings

Just got my wheels in a few days ago! Got all 5 of them double boxed and packaged for WWIII. Going to send them off to the powdercoater with my roof rack here this week! I'm going with a blue beadlock ring with the wheel being a satin black... Should look pretty good once they're all finished up.

Stay Tuned..:D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I've been watching your build all along, I'll be watching this as well. Can't wait to see the results. :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Friday bump/update!

The bracket kit from Calmini is about a month and a half out, but they said it could be sooner.

I should get my spring perches in the mail today to hopefully do the SOA this weekend, possibly next week.

And I ordered my wheels today, should be here in about two weeks before they go off to the powdercoater with my roof rack.

Annnddd with the Shrock going bye bye, here's a teaser pic of what I'm going to do for my "pre-runner" bumper. I'm not a CAD designer or a Fab guy, but with what I do have experience with this should be pretty straight forward. Of course, everything looks easier/better on paper so we'll see how this turns out.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Didja forget the photo link? I don't see anything in your post ...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Double shocks up front?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
If I can get the bypasses to fit, then I'll most likely do that a little down the road. I'm pretty sure I could fit them without the air bumps, but I'm not sure if they would fit with the C/O's and bumps without extensive modding to both the upper/lower arms. If that's the case, I probably won't waste my time/money trying to deal with that. We'll see, but that would make for a pretty gnarly front susp. setup which would be pretty BA.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
If I can get the bypasses to fit, then I'll most likely do that a little down the road. I'm pretty sure I could fit them without the air bumps, but I'm not sure if they would fit with the C/O's and bumps without extensive modding to both the upper/lower arms. If that's the case, I probably won't waste my time/money trying to deal with that. We'll see, but that would make for a pretty gnarly front susp. setup which would be pretty BA.
That it would be. Wait until you see what i do with the rap ;).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Internal bypass covers.

What length are the custom SAW coil overs you are ordering?
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't quote me but I think they're 8" travel instead of the 6" used for the normal TS. I could be wrong though. I'll ask Greg when I order them here once I get my SOA done.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got my spring perches today! Should get around to welding them on tonight or tomorrow afternoon. If not they'll be on there in about two weeks when I get back from the midwest! After I get the springs back on and all buttoned up then I'll pull the trigger on ordering my shocks and coilovers.. Hopefully the wait time won't be as bad as it was last time when I had to wait over 5 months to get them. :cussing:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sadly, the plans have changed. Priorities are being made priorities as they should be.. :crybaby:

I'm off to UNOH in Lima, OH, after I graduate next spring. I've been there the past few days(now back in Chicago for a few days) and I came to the realization that bypasses front and rear, shock hoops, longer coilovers, airbumps, (and whatever else I had brewing in my crazed mind) would be way overkill and totally impractical for the corn fields of the midwest. I've decided to just keep it simple, and to take the money I can save from not going "all out" and buy a car for a DD that I can bring down to school with me. I'm going to snag a lightly modded 240sx either and s13 or s14 and make it a "track-able" daily driver.

Someday when I live where I could actually use a setup like that again, then I'll probably put the time and money into the bypasses, bumps, etc... But with Ohio not having much to offer that's close to where I live, I won't be wheelin as much during the next few years. Between being a full time student and being in the middle of nowhere, I'll probably only make it out to a few wheeling events. (hopefully I'm wrong)

With all that said, here is a final list of what I'm going to be using to finish the thing off.

Yes, I said final list. I've made the decision that it's not worth putting every last penny I have into the X when I won't be able to use it like it should be used, so this is what I've settled on.

-Calmini Bracket lift (ordered)
-PRG UCA's (already using)
-SAW Ext. Resi'd Titan Drop Bracket Length C/O's
-PRG Heim'd Outer Steering (already using)
-Moog LCA's (I'll be boxing them myself, and reenforcing the shock mounts)

-Alcan Leaf Springs for SOA (already using)
-PRG Shackles (already using)
-SAW 2.5" Ext. Resi'd Shocks
(might still run them into the cargo area making a cargo rack)
-Air Bags (only when towing the drift missile)

-35's & 4.56's
-New wheels (ordered, currently being made)
-2" BORA wheel spacers
-Custom Hub Rings

1 - 20 of 59 Posts