Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
like skateboard long boards? God I hope there aren't motorized SUP boards. I'm not going to sleep well tonight now...thanks haha

·
TNX Veteran
3,643 Posts
No, but I was behind one in traffic on my motorcycle the other day. He was going in between stop lights at about 20mph in the city. At every stoplight he would filter to the front. Was in the middle of the road. Wasn't sure if I should pass or stay behind...

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Longboard skateboards are a blast, still have mine from the '90s. I will agree though I'd probably hurt myself badly on a motorized one. Does anyone know offhand how they're controlling the speed? (Since I don't see a cord anywhere)

·
Registered
3,881 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've seen some guys on campus with these, and I've also seen one get hurt badly when he went too fast on a mild hill with the motor. I'd take a traditional skateboard (or longboard, same thing) over one. If you just really want to avoid pushing you could always look into what's called land paddling, though I must say it looks a bit dumb but it could be a blast, I can't say. Bottom line, I'd stick with a regular board! Less stuff to worry about.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's just it, I'm old that means I don't have to work too hard to board around just push the button......lol Great for car shows and stuff since Hot August Nights is coming up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's just it, I'm old that means I don't have to work too hard to board around just push the button......lol Great for car shows and stuff since Hot August Nights is coming up.
Understandable, I salute you sir! Boosted Boards has been making electric skateboards for a while.

Another option if you're interested would be to set up a pumping board (one or two good pushes, then just pump to keep it going) but those can get pricey and the bushing combos are hard to dial in. Consider getting a regular skateboard but fitting it with 1/4" soft risers and 56-58mm soft wheels. Good bearings help also. You'll have to push a bit but it would be way cheaper than an electric board, and more comfortable (arguably) than a full size longboard.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Understandable, I salute you sir! Boosted Boards has been making electric skateboards for a while.

Another option if you're interested would be to set up a pumping board (one or two good pushes, then just pump to keep it going) but those can get pricey and the bushing combos are hard to dial in. Consider getting a regular skateboard but fitting it with 1/4" soft risers and 56-58mm soft wheels. Good bearings help also. You'll have to push a bit but it would be way cheaper than an electric board, and more comfortable (arguably) than a full size longboard.
Great set-up on the pumping board and boosted boards cost 3x maybe you are getting what you pay for. Thanks for the ideas!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts