Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my mother in-law is getting a new toy for here B-Day. She wants an X or the 4 Door Rubicon. She likes the power of the X but the toplessness of the Rubi. Beside the Rubi being under powered any more cons to it. It seems she is leaning towards the Rubi because of the lifetime powertrain warrenty.

·
on line
230 Posts
With disasters in the X, FJ and H3 I have also been following the Rubicon JK. The best way to put it is more early production problems then you can imagine. The computer does not work and DC cannot figure out what to do. The engines stall, and the brakes fail because of this. leaky tops and tons upon tons of bugs in every Jeep can be expected. Thankfully, no exploding diffs or anything so sinister. Check out the JK forums.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Why does your mother-in-law want/need a Rubicon? What is wrong with the standard X model 4 door?

The reason I ask, how often will she use the 4:1 transfer case or the front and rear lockers?

·
on line
735 Posts
Get the rubicon and then, 2 or 3 years from now when your MIL is tired of bouncing around in a jeep, scoop it up cheap with a family discount hook-up. You know it won't ever see the dirt. Long term planning... i have a 2007 Z06 (it's just still in my dad's garage :) )

·
on line
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She does not need one. She is spoiled and the mother in-law from hell. She drive the Lexus 470 I think it is. She just wants something to drive on the beach and play with. I think it all started when I took her on some trails in the X. I mean really who gets a car for their B- Day just because. I wish they would share some of that green love with me.

·
on line
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get the rubicon and then, 2 or 3 years from now when your MIL is tired of bouncing around in a jeep, scoop it up cheap with a family discount hook-up. You know it won't ever see the dirt. Long term planning... i have a 2007 Z06 (it's just still in my dad's garage )

I was thinking the same thing.

·
on line
612 Posts
Yeah, a Rubi heh - My future mother-in-law got a Mercedes C350 Convertible for no apparent reason other than she wanted it. She also has a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Edition with hmmm 14000 on it. What the hell?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts