Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
after flooding mine, i grabbed a set of horns from an old Caprice and mounted them up. they are loud and sound pretty good.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Just get train air horns. Done.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I put an air horn with OBA in mine. As a bonus I can inflate my tires and adjust my air bag suspension whenever I need to with no outside support.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Okay, bringing this back because I couldn't find any other reasonably salient/recent horn threads.

If I come into a little extra cash at the end of the month, I'm gonna go for a PIAA Superior Bass horn (sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4BJ_VLZYwI)

I'd love to have a Whelan air horn but it's out of my price range, plus I'm sure I'd get heat from a cop (technically I'm an emergency responder but I have no vehicle privileges) and it's just not worth the trouble. A secondary system down the line, though...

·
Registered
6,919 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I run a horn like that on the motorcycle. It's loud, louder than my super tones, and likely louder than the PIAAs you are thinking about. It's a stebel nautilus. It's held up well for 5 years and I do ride in crap weather. However not sure how much I'd trust it in the snow,unless wellprotected. Stebel makes a marine waterproof version though.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have the PIAA horns you mentioned and I convinced Skyfaller to put them into his truck after he heard mine. They are louder and a bit more truck sounding without being airhorns.
Youtube clips don't do them justice, they sound better than any of the clips I found. I think Skyfaller will be up your way this week or next week. You should catch up with him and hear a live demo of the horn toot.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Train horn. Do it. Mine is crazy loud and there are so many people here that don't know how to drive.
Posted via Mobile Device
Too many people here with guns (and attitudes!).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts