Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
on line
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, everything I wanted to do to my truck is now done.
(At least that's what I told the wife.)

Thought some of you would like to see what she looks like after putting the lift on (Top Gun Spacers up front and Calmini Shackles and AAL in back.)

The ride is so much better than stock (especially in the back) that I'd have to recommend this upgrade to everyone who buys one of these trucks.

Given the flexibilty, power, and reliability of this truck, I'd have to say it has been one of my better purchases. Now if we could just do something about the gas mileage....

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Looks great, Duck! How much lift did you get out of the Calmini AAL? I remember you stating the shackles and spacer combo yielded about a 3/4" rearward rake... looks like the AAL evened things out nicely. What size are the BFGs?

·
on line
166 Posts
Any more pictures of the bull bar???

Also, you mentioned the ride was much better than stock, can you elaborate on that? Floaty? Smoother? Handling?

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Nice work man. Did you ever mount that skid plate back onto the bull bar?

·
on line
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OMG....... I am in shock....
Right after I took those photos, I went down to work and some assh*ol ran a key all the way around the back and along the driver's side when I was working. There is a long, deep scratch all the way around the truck.

I feel like my heart is broken.

Anyone have an idea what a body shop is going to charge for this? Probably going to have to get insurance involved on this one...

To answer your questions, the tires are 285/75R 16.

The ride in the back is a little more firm, but in a positive manner - the truck handles more soundly on the the road.

I am so pissed....:angry5:

·
on line
3,217 Posts
That sucks man. How deep is it? If it's not to deep you can probably repair it yourself. If it's deep then you'd want to get it sanded down and if nothing else primed until you can get it into a shop to keep the rust at bay.

The truck looks good man and what man can't like a tight ass right?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
dude, that totally blows

get your insurance to cover it, not sure on your policy, but my insurance covers vandalism at no charge, doesn't affect my premium. also, not sure if you did, but a police report helps.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
That sucks!

Where did you get your bull bar?

·
on line
278 Posts
Gotta love those Top Gunz spacers. Pretty easy to put on, right? The only thing with mine (not sure if it is like this with ALL Top Gunz customers) but when I hit farily decent sized bumps or anything that I would have to drive over, it sounds like the front suspension slams when it comes back down. It's kind of loud, at least it was at first. I may have learned to tune it out. Or, it may have gone away. Either way, the yellow X is looking sweet. Sorry about the jealous @ss that couldn't handle seeing suck a nice looking truck and had to mess it up.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
What a f**k! I can't stand how people have to hate like that. The punkass probably saw that clean decked out X and got jealous cuz he has to walk everywhere.

Hopefully you can buff it out but if not, you really gotta treat it fast to avoid any kind of rust.

·
on line
259 Posts
People fricken suck! but, first step is find a detailer who knows what they are doing with a buffer, you would be amazed at what can be taken out. My son took a metal matchbox car all the way around my green civic, it looked impossible to get out, my brother is a detailer and he took his makita buffer to it and it was like new, I coulndt belive it. I hope this works out for you. Truck looks amazing by the way, really nice setup.

·
on line
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. I am pretty upset about the scratch. I am going to take it to a body shop this afternoon and see what they say. My insurance has a $500 deductible, so I am hoping it won't cost more than that to repair (wishful thinking...).

1_BAMF_X
Yes, you're right, easy to put on, but a slamming noise when I go over speed bumps, etc.... It has been very frustrating. I started a link about it some time ago and it became an interesting conversation.
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5073

TXterra37
They were rubbing up front until I put the lift on. Balancing was a nightmare. I had to take it back about three times before they got the tires balanced right. When they first installed them, it seemed like forever until they got them balanced. Guess they're not used to such large tires or something (Discount Tire).

X11
Thanks for the positive input. I'll try my best to buff it out, but I think it is probably too deep for that kind of wishfull thinking.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts