Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I searched all over for a resource which lists the model year differences of the 2nd gen Xterra but I gave up. Does anyone have a link or list handy?

I'm shopping around for an Xterra and I'm interested in 2012 and up but was hoping to find the differences between 2012 to 2015.

Thanks!

M.

·
Registered
35 Posts
dead link. Lame. (I know this is a necrothread, but it has high google-ability, so restoring the question here)

Anyone know what changes were made between engines within the 2nd gen? I've read something like early years having a real oil pressure sensor, and later years having a 'dummy' sensor? Anyone able to explain that, and any other differences? I also read,

My 06 motor was a sludge factory.

I got a 2012 motor with 70,000 KMS on it for $2200 CDN (well documented)

We used the 06 Harness , Throttle Body and Oil Pressure Sender .... everything else was compatible.

**I should note before the swap I was running DT headers with no cats which we re used on the new motor so there was no messin around with exhaust manifolds and cats.

Anyone able to explain those exact differences?

When I see engines for sale on ebay, I see 05-08 grouped together, and 13-15 grouped together, so I guess 09-12 grouped together. Why? I am 95% sure from what I'm reading here we 'can' swap them, but just to know--what are the actual changes that were made? Can't seem to find that anywhere.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I could be wrong.

I think Nissan had a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for the timing chain tensioner on 2005-2010 VQ40 engines.

However most of the timing chain tensioner problems I've heard of were 2005-2008.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will speak fourth.

·
TNX Administrator
19,680 Posts
^ Updated Link.

Here's some more;

·
Registered
35 Posts
I really don't understand how to use the nissanhelp.com site. It looks like just headlines and blurbs, but there's no further information anywhere. I can't ever actually see the full bulletin anywhere. What am I missing? I've really spent something like 20 minutes over several visits to that site, just feel like I'm missing something obvious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts