Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
will the amp block the vents? i have stereo equipment under both front seats and there was enough room they do not block the vents at all.

vinyl tubing could be used extend the vents if needed.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Great question, right now my bass amp is just sitting on top of them under the passenger seat. Its not bolted down or anything..... Im a little worried about it but havent gotten around to a solution.

So if anyone knows what to do... post it up.

·
on line
155 Posts
I have a 6 Channel Infinity amp. I hid it under the removable rear deck. It took more time in wiring, but I don't have to see it and it will take someone a LONG time to steal it. The amp is about 24"x18"

·
on line
268 Posts
have my amp sitting on top of the passenger side vents. Not too worried about it as I rarely have anyone in the back seat and it provides extra cooling to the amp. :p lol

·
on line
142 Posts
I put both of my amps in the under-floor cargo area as well, it's the perfect place for them. Totally hidden, yet readily accessible if I need to change any settings.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Since I have a Frontier king cab and no one ever sits back there, I used the vents under the driver side to cool my amp. Just took some flexible hose and aimed it at the amp.....

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I am not sure where the duct comes from exactly but I bet you could remove the seat, remove the duct, create a new duct with some sort of flex hose and sealant to get it out of your way and have it pop out wherever you want it to.

Maybe make one run to your console to keep your lunch warm for you or cold in the summer.

I have my amp velcro'd to the carpet, and it sits on the vents. No worries from anyone in the back seat or front seat then again the amp isn't that big

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lostboy said:
Maybe make one run to your console to keep your lunch warm for you or cold in the summer.
Lol, that's awesome. I know some new cars/trucks have a cooled consol and/or glovebox, this would def be sweet in the X! My focus now is my new wheels and tires since my ProComp 7089s FINALLY shipped, but will keep you guys posted when I come up with something for the vents! Shouldn't be too hard, looks like some sort of tubing and duct tape are in my near future!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
How about building a small wood platform that the amp would mount to and then mount it to the floor, giving you a small air space between the amp and the vent?

·
on line
4,495 Posts
I have a RF P300 amp thats all of 2.5" thick, maybe. There's little room to move it up. This is assuming the seat rails on the Fronty and X are the same, which they should be.

I don't have to worry about overheating the amp with the heater on. Its easily removeabl, just reach back there and pull them out and store them in the truck somewhere.

Lostboy, your idea is GENIUS! I'm going to look into that sometime...seriously.

·
on line
252 Posts
When I installed a 2400 W inverter (for my camper) under the seat of my Chevy truck, I first bolted it to a sheet metal tray. I then used 4 pieces of all-thread rod to attach it to the floor because the floor was not flat. I used fender washers and nuts on both sides of the floor and the tray. You will have to check the available height. I was able to use some of the space in the bottom of the seatbut YMMV. Good luck.

Phil

1 - 16 of 16 Posts