Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a mod day planned? I have a lift that needs installed and my garage is too small and too cold to tackle it in. Just wondering if anyone has a nice big garage that wants to hold a mod day in? ;) All in all I am looking to get this lift on. It's burning a hole in the box it came in. LOL.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I'm not really sure who has a warm/heated garage... But 40 in the sun is pretty warm out here. A lot of people choose to do the work in their driveway in the winter as the sun can warm you up pretty good and make it feel like it's 70 while you're working compared to the cold garage... As you know I will have some overhauling to do soon enough, but I'm not quite there yet, but I will keep you posted!

But, I did my lift, by myself, during winter, in a gravel driveway w/o all my tools unpacked from the move... That's how easy it is!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I know it is going to be super easy, with the hardest part being the cam bolts in the lower control arms. I was thinking about using that shop up in Westminster that lets you rent a lift and tools for like 20 bucks an hour. Sounds like it might be worth it for a heated shop with all the air tools I need at my fingertips.

Maybe if it gets a bit warmer I might tackle it in a drive way. ;) As of right now it is a bit too frigid.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I hear ya, I've always wanted to look into those shops for some things for sure!! Thing is your rig is brand new, so all the bolts will come out with ease where I will have to cut my lowers off most likely from being exquisitely aged;)

We did a very similar lift for rod last year and his bolts popped out and popped in, one at a time, with no problems whatsoever. I'm sure we could just do it at my place the next decently warm weekend.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I hear ya, I've always wanted to look into those shops for some things for sure!! Thing is your rig is brand new, so all the bolts will come out with ease where I will have to cut my lowers off most likely from being exquisitely aged;)

We did a very similar lift for rod last year and his bolts popped out and popped in, one at a time, with no problems whatsoever. I'm sure we could just do it at my place the next decently warm weekend.
It was in December when we did mine too.

IMG_8877 by ColoradoX, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Working in a sunny driveway couldn't be worse than finishing my lift in the rain in October (was probably about 40 degrees and dark out). I will keep an eye out for this just cause I'm always down to lend a hand with stuff :).

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet! Sounds like there is a group of willing people to help get 'r' done. I will keep everyone posted on what my plans are looking like. And damn, 40 degrees in the rain. You arent messing around Mike.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Working in a sunny driveway couldn't be worse than finishing my lift in the rain in October (was probably about 40 degrees and dark out). I will keep an eye out for this just cause I'm always down to lend a hand with stuff :).
yeah Mike but we finished Dan's re-gear that night in the rain and it sucked until 9:30pm and was freaking Cold!! I rather be cold than rain and wet

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts