Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about three days ago I noticed a nail in my stock BFG Long Trails, it was borderline sidewall and I still had high hopes to get it fixed. Last night I found another nail in the center tread on the other rear tire. Of the two nails the one in the center tread is the one who made me sad, it leaked badly...I made my way over to Discount Tire in hopes of fixing both tires, but with no luck, the one tire could not be salvaged...

then a bright light went off in my head

YES, a perfect excuse to get the tires i wanted.......

So here they are 285/75/16 Firestone Destinations M/T's with NO lift, heh.

These tires gave me a smile from ear to ear and a bad ass ego to follow it, the guys at the shop wouldn't stop inflating my head, they insisted on telling me how bad ass my X looked with these tires, tomorrow I'll be doing the fender mod as I've heard my first rubs.

without further delay, a teaser of the tires, by the time they got done it was dark and left me little light to take pics with....

·
on line
155 Posts
Nice! How much did those bad boys set you back? When the time comes to get new rubbers, it's between these and the BFGs so keep us posted on wear, noise, etc.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid 915 out the door, certs, life time balance and rotate.

i've heard a ton of great reviews about these tires, i had originally wanted the bfg mud terrain, however i was informed twice by two seperate places that bfg is no longer making the km1 and is discontinueing it due to the later arrival of the km2s. 4 wheel parts told me this and one other place, also, the lowest i was able to find locally on the bfg km1s was 214. i've done a bunch of research and am more then happy with my decision :)

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i actually kind of like the whites on the outside, it kind of offsets the rims being black with a black rubber tire, gives it a bit of mix.

·
on line
131 Posts
How did the stealth wheels hold up to the tire changing?
I have enjoyed my Firestone Destination A/Ts, and I really like the look of the M/Ts and am thinking of upgrading when the A/Ts wear out. Seems like they would handle snow better.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mcampana said:
Please tell me you bought a 5TH TIRE. You know you cant use the stock spare........
i'm going to pick up a 5th tire in another couple weeks, i was on a tight budget this week, so it'll have to wait a few.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the stealth wheels held up perfectly, i was nervous at first but not one scratch, i was really supprised.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Atta' boy Brain, welcome to the club..

"Seems like they would handle snow better."
Believe that. Snow, mud, rocks, water, even dry pavement.
9.5/10

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DBAX said:
Atta' boy Brain, welcome to the club..

"Seems like they would handle snow better."
Believe that. Snow, mud, rocks, water, even dry pavement.
9.5/10
*Brian*
haha

thanks dan, next is a lift which should be in the next month or so, i'm about to go outside and do the fender mod to it. i do have to say, the tires alone give the truck just one nasty look to it and gives it a whole different personality. still smiling ear to ear :D

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mcampana said:
Hows the driving noise?

Driving noise is so minimal you can barely notice it. It makes more noise when driving 1-15mph, it's actually a very nice and fairly smooth ride. I don't think I could have made a better choice in tire.

·
on line
704 Posts
These tires rock in my opinion. I love the pattern and the looks! Please keep us posted! I am wondering if the melt mod is enough to keep 'em from rubbing!

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did the melt mod and have yet to have any further rubbing at all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts