Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A GLX'er lead me to an M205 from a place just a couple miles from my house. They have an M205 out of an 05 Titan with 61k miles on it and offered it to me for $250. I've read about the differences and it seems this one can be made stronger like the 06+ and later M205's (minus the 3rd rib) with the necessary upgrades during the rebuild. I was wondering if this would be worth it or to continue looking for a 3 rib version.

I had future plans for a Titan swap but really haven't started to invest anything in it. Being able to use this diff could save some $$$ for other parts - just curious if it is worth it in the long run? Thanks guys.

·
on line
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess another thing to ask is if there is anyone out there who has Titan swapped running an old gen M205? I saw sleeper00 was at some point but he changed it out to a new gen.

·
on line
7,142 Posts
Buy it quick. Change out the c clips on the stub axles and wheel it. Chrishammered usa can vouch that I wheel it and haven't broke it yet

·
on line
7,142 Posts
You've seen the shirt

·
on line
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I will see if I can pick it up tonight. The price seems right for this version and mileage seems to be okay.

·
on line
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Super score thanks to a fellow GLX member!

Turns out it was a 3 rib after all! He also threw in the drivers side half shaft with it

[URL=http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/gcholmes22/media/587F35D1-CF79-47FA-A752-042A49DFE0AD-3542-000004999FF17ABF_zpsc22b5391.jpg.html][/URL]

I was thinking about going back and getting anything else that could be compatible with the X. Can anyone confirm if the transfer case, transmission & rear axle are the same? I was going to grab the Titan master cylinder as well. I heard we use the same transmissions with just a different bell housing.

·
on line
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, do you guys think it would be worth picking up the transmission if I can get it for a good price? I don't need one, but being able to have one as a just-in-case (I plan on keeping the x forever) or one to sell and pass the savings on to someone on here who is in need could be some positives for having it - assuming it can serve as a replacement.

·
on line
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe you are right. From what I have found, it looks like the TCM, bell housing, torque converter and gear ratios are different although they share the same base.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts