Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm not sure if this is all related but I've done 2,100km during the last 10 days and had a few problems yesterday. 3 days ago my 4wd light came on and the 2wd/4wd light panel went out. This corrected once I switched the engine off and back on. I wasn't that bothered as I looked here and saw that it can happen occasionally. It then happened again. Yesterday when driving 500km we pulled up to a border check and the cd player stopped and immediately reset itself. Strange but not worrying. 100km later the cd stopped again, the airbag light came on and the engine revs dropped; this lasted about a second and then everything came back to normal. The same thing happened about 200kn later but this time with the OD off switch coming on. We got home safely.
I've pulled out the transfer relays and two look like they've got hot, see picture. I've reset the system by disconnecting the battery. I'm happy to change the four relays but was hoping if someone has experienced anything like this before? I will run a diagnostics if it happens again but I do a lot of driving off-road in remote areas.
I don't trust Nissan here (I live in Oman) as the two times I've taken it there it has come back with issues.

Any ideas/ Thanks in advance. By the way, Relay.jpg it is a 2010 SE build for the Middle East market.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Sounds like you are losing voltage when driving. I'd start by getting a means to monitor actual voltage other than the gauge. They sell cheap ones that plug into the 12v outlet all the way up to a ScanGauge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts