Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to use this Blendmount solution to mount my V1 to my mirror (yes I know its an expensive @$$ mount).

http://www.blendmount.com/?gclid=CJXb4aGKyrkCFfFj7AodaXgA2Q

I noticed that they also sell a connector that taps in to the mirror power.

http://www.mirrortap.com/

I have a 2012 PRO-4X. Has anyone used the mirror connections to power anything?

Can you point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for the dimming mirror?

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Never heard of mirror tap before. Bing image search of “mirror tap” brings up some interesting pictures…

But really? They charge $30 for this? 2 leads that you jam into pin sockets that already have wires in them?

That looks like crap and not professional at all. But I do like the blend mount.

From this pic you can see there are only 2 wires going to the mirror, just power and ground.

If this was the only thing I was adding in that area I would remove the overhead console and tap the wires above the headliner for the mirror then run the wires for the radar detector under the trim piece that is already there going to the mirror like the power wire for the camera in the picture above. You can also wire up an inline fuse if you want.

I like these for taping wires, about $2-3 at Radio Shack and most auto parts stores.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're right. The more I look at this, $30 seems a lot for two wires with leads.

I like the idea of tapping in to it above the headliner, I might just have to try that. Does anyone know what color the power and ground wires are going to our mirrors?

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
It looks like the wires are green and black. I would guess the green is positive but you could always turn on the ignition and test with a multimeter by putting black lead on the body and red on the green wire.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like the wires are green and black. I would guess the green is positive but you could always turn on the ignition and test with a multimeter by putting black lead on the body and red on the green wire.
I thought there were four wires, but I'll get up behind my mirror and check it out. Green and black should be simple enough to figure out.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts