Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slightly odd, if not fun request of anyone who lives in the Twin Cities area (although, probably E-SE area is best).

I am looking to trade my S Xterra for an OR (I'm sick and tired of crappy gearing and no locker) and found one for sale in Inver Grove Heights. Here is the link: http://8077.solidautonet.com/s/12880837/2/9332093

Location here:
4625 South Robert Trail
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077

I am originally from MN and my parents still live in St Cloud. But they are not mechanically inclined in any way. So my request for them would be fruitless.

Would any one of you mind going out to test drive that vehicle for me? And when I say test drive, I mean try out the 4hi and 4lo and if possible the e-locker? I cannot even tell if it is a true OR since the pics are bit too blurry for me to decipher the hill descent control and locker tabs. And if you are mechanically-inclined, please let me know your thoughts on this vehicle. Basically I am relying on you (whomever) to give me feedback to buy it or not. But, if anyone could do that for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Once someone volunteers, please let me know and I will give the dealer the heads up. They probably consider me annoying already with all my questions. :p For details on my current X, click the link on my signature.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct, it is a price search. I do not want to finance whatever vehicle I get. Just looking to trade my X for the "new" one and put some cash down.

So far, interestingly enough, most of the ORs posted for sale on line are actually S's, haha. So I've been emailing a lot of dealerships telling them of their errors. :p

·
TNX Administrator
20,476 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that when I was looking at the Idaho Xterra's for sale, listed a OR's or even Pro-4X's, but were really S's......

End threadjack - so guys, anybody out there that can help?!?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^Thanks! I guess I should start wearing my glasses more often, haha.

I found some in WA and OR, too. Maybe I should ask you to help! :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
I work about work a few blocks from there and would take a look at it for you if you like. But I am by no means a mechanic. I would want to get a specific list from you on what you want looked for, tested, and what buttons you want pushed, happy to take photos too.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^Thank you!

I just got SMOD this morning. Not a way I planned to have my day go.

I found an Xterra friend in MN who will go look at this for me now that there is more urgency in my request. *sigh*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts