Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just retrieved a mini net from an old Xterra at the salvage yard the other day. I would like to install it in my 09 so that I can stash away parking lot stubs and other papers. Any suggestions as to the simplest way to do this with out removing the headliner? I am not sure I am up to that extensive of a mod at this point.

[/URL][/IMG]

As you can see by the second photo, the attachment points had to be removed to get it out of the first X. I have considered affixing upholstery clips to the backside, drilling holes in the headliner and attach it that way. Not sure that is the easiest way though.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea. Had not considered mounting the net on the door. I took a look at it tonight and the piece is just too big (for me at least) to fit neatly on the door. Plus, it would need to be painted to match the door. Not impossible but more effort than I want to give the project.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the tips/ideas. I'm going to take a stab at it this weekend. If successful, I'll post pics. If not, I'll send you the remnants Spdu4ia.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
pop rivits maybe?
This solution would work regardless of where you were to install the mesh.
And IMO is a great solution.

Pop Rivets are available in all kinds of lengths and "breaking strength".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts